It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board

• Please help me, desperate

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-31-2013, 03:39 AM   #1
    appletree2606
    (female)

appletree2606 HB User
    Please help me, desperate

Hi,

I'm 15 year old girl and recovering from anorexia. Been recovering for 8 weeks and already gained 16lbs!! (I was 38kg at 163cm..yikes) I'm so determined to get better as i miss my trampolining and lacrosse and going shopping. Now i'm eating 3250 cals a day.

Just under a month ago, i started losing my hair. Now it's got really bad and keeps coming out. I cry all the time cause my hair is the only thing i liked. Roughly how long does it fall out for? Will it get really really thin? Is there anything that will help or stop it?

Please answer my questions, i would really apreciate it. xxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2013, 03:32 AM   #2
    anon 1813
    (female)

anon 1813 HB User
    Re: Please help me, desperate

I've had anorexia for 15 years and am currently in inpatients again having had to be ng Fed , but I have very thin hair and it falls out quite a lot, but as you recover new hair pushes through causing the old damaged hair to fall out because it is very weak and brittle, whilst the new hair is strong, it will take time but if you continue to get well your hair will recover, but your body will heal itself first before your hair gets a piece of the action!!

Old 09-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #3
    dvbronco
    (female)

dvbronco HB User
    Re: Please help me, desperate

Hi sweetie
    Just read your post. Take a deep breath. I am 50 years old and recovering from bulimia/anorexia since age 18. Are you talking to a therapist who can help you? Do you have a support group of friends? Right now your body is starved for nutrition. Your brain needs food to think clearly. This is a daily battle. My doctor put me on Zoloft for depression and klonopin for anxiety. When I finally started to eat, it was little meals. If you throw up your stomach gets very confused. You may have digestive problems! This can be controlled!! Don't give up!! I know it's hard because an eating disorder is something you think you control. Food becomes your friend! Food is nutrition for your body! Feel free to ask me whatever you want. Your hair will grow back. Don't worry. Start with safe food and small meals! Smoothies are safe and healthy if you make your own! I'm praying for you.

Closed Thread

Tags
    anorexia, disordered eating, hairloss, recovery