It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board

• Trying to beat laxative abuse

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-17-2014, 11:28 AM   #1
    everythinghappensforareason
    (female)

everythinghappensforareason HB User
    Exclamation Trying to beat laxative abuse

Hello, thanks for taking the time to read this. I have been struggling with bulimia for four years and for 7 months now have been abusing laxatives every night. You don't need to tell me the dangers, precautions or future scares - I already have endeavored in extensive research and I'm scared - but cannot stop because I'm scared of the potential water weight gain, the bloat and pain of constipation (all which I have had whilst trying to cut back). I take 5-7 senna or herbal lax a night along with 1-4 bisacodyl depending on how much I've eaten.
    I eat 95% fruits a veggies, drink 3-4L of fluid a day, exercise with HIIT 20-30mins/day and walk a lot (I work a few jobs, always busy). I have tried to increase fiber whilst cutting back but then don't go and get scared.

<Does anyone recover from this?> How did you overcomes fears and how long did it take for you to recovery and function once again to a normal life style?

Thank you so much. <3

Last edited by Administrator; 02-17-2014 at 11:43 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2014, 12:45 PM   #2
    everythinghappensforareason
    (female)

everythinghappensforareason HB User
    Re: Trying to beat laxative abuse

/Bump/
    - need help

Old 02-17-2014, 06:00 PM   #3
    sweetpotato13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
    Re: Trying to beat laxative abuse

I don't have this issue myself but maybe it would be helpful for you to share this with your family doctor. Then he or she can tell you how to cut down safely, and what to expect.

Good for you for wanting to improve your health. Don't expect miracles overnight, but you CAN beat this!

Closed Thread