It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board

• Anorexia Recovery

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-17-2014, 12:01 PM   #1
    Joren
    (female)

Joren HB User
    Anorexia Recovery

I have suffered from anorexia for about 3 years now and I just started recovery about a month and a half ago. It has been a real challenge eating food again. One thing I get so scared about is that I enjoy the food I am given and I am hungry all the time. I am terrified that I am going to go into binge eating, has this happened to anyone else please help!!! Also I see that so many recovering Anorexics are able to eat a whole thing of ben and jerry's ice cream there is no way in this world that I would be able to do that because the voices in my head would scream at me. Any suggestions on how to overcome this would be greatly appriciated.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Joren
    1822jb (12-18-2014),movielover40 (12-17-2014)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2015, 10:38 AM   #2
    16cpowell
    (female)

16cpowell HB User
    Re: Anorexia Recovery

This is a serious issue with people recovering from anorexia. It is common for people to go from one extreme to the other by turning to binge eating. This is almost as bad as anorexia. Doing anything at an extreme measure is not good. It is also very hard to keep track and make sure people recorvering from anorexia don't go back to starving themselves. The best thing to do is to have someone checking on the victim of anorexia, and making sure they are eating normally and healthy again. The best thing to do is to have someone helping the victim of anorexia as they are recovering. Having someone by your side through the recovering stage is very helpful to make sure the victim stays ont he right track rather than turning back to their old habits.

Closed Thread

Tags
    anorexia