It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board

need help with mixed hyper/hypo results

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2015, 09:37 AM   #1
whitecrocodile
(female)

whitecrocodile HB User
Smile need help with mixed hyper/hypo results

Hi,

I'm a 19 year old female and have been trying to figure out why I've been so off (irritable and emotional) the past few months and on and off the past year or 2. In August I got my doctor to run tests which came back normal (TSH-2.1; Free T4-0.94; T3-126) although my ferritin was extremely low while the hemoglobin was normal. I've never been vegetarian or had a heavy menstrual flow or anything to lead to that. I started taking Ferritin pills and dismissed the thyroid as an issue.

In September-November I realized I still wasn't doing too great and was put on anti-anxiety medication which helped a little but not a whole bunch. December still wasn't doing great so switched birth control pills to one with lower estrogen and got off the anti-anxiety meds.

February I pushed my doctor to run another test and the results came back looking like hyperthyroidism:
TSH- 0.01 (0.450-4.500)
Free T4- 2.94 (0.93-1.60)
T3- 286 (71-180)

I was sent to an endocrinologist who ran the same blood tests about 3 weeks after with the antibodies but I haven't seen the results yet. I also went in for a Thyroid Uptake and Scan and at the 5hr mark I had a 1.1% uptake and at the 24hr mark I had a 0.4%. As far as I can tell that is suggestive of hypothyroidism so I'm a little confused on what's going on with me. Thank you for any insight.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
hyperthyroidism, hypothyrodism