It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board

• Excess Androgens and Female Libido

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-02-2018, 10:01 AM   #1
    Dustoff1992
    (male)

Dustoff1992 HB User
    Excess Androgens and Female Libido

A question for all the ladies on here, specifically with Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH). My friend who I love dearly has this condition, and I have noticed several questionable behaviours that I want to discuss with her, but I want to get opinions from other women who have the condition as well. She has the classic salt wasting condition, was virilized in the womb, and underwent corrective surgery when she was just entering her teens. Growing up she was a tomboy, but now is a very lovely young woman, who I love.

Does the increase in androgens in women with CAH increase libido and sexual arousal for you ladies? Can this cause a woman to become highly sexual and have sex with many partners due to the increase in male sex hormone? In the more psychology realm of things, does her virilization of "down there" cause a self-image issue? I am curious as to if this is a legitimate endocrine concern complication or if it is just a morals and belief system thing when it comes to sexual relations with people. Anyone who has this condition or has loved someone with it, I would appreciate some advice.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-02-2018 at 11:57 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    cah, libido for women, self esteem, sex all the time, testoserone