It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board

• Gasteoparisis or IBS-C ... how to empty?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-29-2021, 02:53 PM   #1
    ArrowheadAddict
    (male)

ArrowheadAddict HB User
    Gasteoparisis or IBS-C ... how to empty?

Howdy yall. So I've got a question. Long story short they think I have IBS-V or Gastroparesis. I'm had two colonoscopies in January. All looked good. I started struggling with constipation in the summer of 2020. I tried everything. 1-liter emima, drank 2 bottles of magnesium citrate and a gallon of water one day, did two different colonoscopy preps, I've tried everything you can think of. I'm able to go a little bit each day with the help of linzess. After my colonoscopy in Jan, he said I was emptied enough and said he thought I had IBSC. Gave me Linzess and thought I was good. But last week my GP said I've severely backed up again. One nurse said sounds like Gasteoparisis since my diabetes and Neuropathy have been uncontrolled for so long. I wanna do a food study, but I have an appt with a gastro doc on the 5th.

But until then anyone has any tried and true methods to chit if you have tried everything short of getting your hands dirty? 🤭 No pun inte...well actually yes. Pun intended. 😬

I called my GP a little bit ago to see if there was anything we could do to help me go and they said just have to wait until my appt on the 5th. My back and sides just killing me. ANY help or advice would very golden about right now.

Thank you in advance to the people who read all this mumbo jumbo and respond. Thank you very much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2021, 07:15 AM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Gasteoparisis or IBS-C ... how to empty?

Being that you have diabetes and neuropathy you are likely taking some prescription drugs. I know the average 75 year old takes at least 3 or 4 drugs. And 5 or more is not uncommon. Do any of them cause constipation? Sometimes constipation may be listed as a side effect.

A colonoscopy can be beneficial to rule out colon cancer but they are certainly not conducive to digestive health. If anything, they can make things worse as they tend to destroy all the beneficial microorganisms in your colon. So perhaps a probiotic might be helpful. Check with your doctor.

As far as Gastroparesis, I assume that means you would have to eat small meals. And if that's the case, everything you eat should be high quality as there would be no room for empty calories. You would need to get as much good nutrition into every meal as possible. Otherwise you would end up malnourished. Perhaps your doctor will recommend a dietician who has experience with your condition, whatever it turns out to be.

Best of luck
    John

Reply Reply