It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board

Lupron Side Effects

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2016, 05:32 AM   #1
Blawson21
(female)

Blawson21 HB User
Lupron Side Effects

I had a diagnostic laproscopy in Dec and was diagnosed with Endometrosis after years of pain. My dr suggested the Lupron shot bc I had tried several different birth controls and nothing helped. Of course I researched the shot before agreeing but I wanted to try it bc I needed relief and I'm hoping to get pregnant within the next year or so. Well I'm due for my second shot in about 2 weeks, and I'm unsure if I should continue with them. I don't feel like myself anymore. I'm on an emotional roller coaster everyday, crying for no reason, getting mad over nothing, still having pain, and loads of anxiety. Does this get better after the first month or does this continue. Also, after stopping the shots, how long does it take for you to feel normal again and not have any of the side effects.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2016, 06:13 AM   #2
Cindy89
(female)

Cindy89 HB User
Re: Lupron Side Effects

Getting Lupron will put you on temporary menopause. So you will get hot flashes, mood swings and all that is menopausal. it will also stop your periods or decrease it significantly. AS to when to feel normal again its up to your body but gradually

Old 02-05-2016, 10:06 AM   #3
Blawson21
(female)

Blawson21 HB User

So will I have the mood swings this bad for the next 6 months or will it gradually get better once my body gets more adjusted?

Old 02-05-2016, 11:22 AM   #4
Cindy89
(female)

Cindy89 HB User

As long as you are on lupron you will get menopause symptoms including hot flashes
It is a very strong drug. I understand you are suppose to use it for short while. You need to report all the side effects you are getting to your doctor.

Old 07-19-2016, 05:05 AM   #5
k742
(female)

k742 HB Userk742 HB Userk742 HB Userk742 HB Userk742 HB User

I have just finished the Lupron treatment - I was on it for a little over a year at my doctor's request. If at all possible, ask your doctor if you can do Add Back therapy with the shots - it's a very low dose estrogen pill that will help balance the hot flashes, mood swings, and bone density issues. I highly recommend it to balance the side effects.

Everyone has a different experience with it - mine was tolerable; the first month was rough, though - very absent minded, and just didn't feel like myself. But it leveled out and I got through it. It has been a God send for me - decreased my pain considerably, and lightened my periods enough to make them manageable (most women will stop bleeding entirely, but I'm freakish apparently).

As I said, everyone is different, and this treatment isn't for everyone. I have gotten a LOT of shaming and judgement from being on it for so long from other ladies who have endo...but they are not me, and I am not them. You have to do what's right for you. If you don't like it, you can always ask to stop taking it.

Good luck!!

Old 12-02-2016, 01:18 PM   #6
pilinisesi
(female)

pilinisesi HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blawson21 View Post
I had a diagnostic laproscopy in Dec and was diagnosed with Endometrosis after years of pain. My dr suggested the Lupron shot bc I had tried several different birth controls and nothing helped. Of course I researched the shot before agreeing but I wanted to try it bc I needed relief and I'm hoping to get pregnant within the next year or so. Well I'm due for my second shot in about 2 weeks, and I'm unsure if I should continue with them. I don't feel like myself anymore. I'm on an emotional roller coaster everyday, crying for no reason, getting mad over nothing, still having pain, and loads of anxiety. Does this get better after the first month or does this continue. Also, after stopping the shots, how long does it take for you to feel normal again and not have any of the side effects.
if you are having bad side effects fromay the shot I would say get off the treatment. everyone is different some people have no side effect or little side effect, but I was one of the unlucky ones. I developed depression and anxiety I could be out where there were people, the hot flashes killed me. but the worst. as the depression and anxiety even 10 months after the shot I continued having side effects, even though my gyno said I should have any. I took Flor Essence from vitamin shoppe for about 5 weeks and finally got it out of my system.

Old 12-04-2016, 07:46 AM   #7
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User

Dear Blawson21,

If you want to get pregnant you want to get your hormones balanced, not use a drug that puts you in menopause.

Sometimes it's best to wait for the body to heal and readjust itself. Be careful about looking for symptom relief because what may be prescribed may not be at all conducive to your hope to have a child. Maybe you can consult with a fertility doctor about what is safe for you to take?

Reply Reply