It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board

Possible endo?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2016, 05:50 PM   #1
Newgirl2016
(female)

Newgirl2016 HB User
Unhappy Possible endo?

I am a 45 year old women that had had two children, after my second child I developed really heavy periods, back pain after my period which would radiate down my left leg right after my period would stop and last about a week and then I would be fine. I always had heavier periods but nothing what I'm going through now...for the 1st 3 days I pass clots and soak through a super tampon and pad in 20 mins...yes 20 mins. The pain has gotten worse over the last couple month from going from just pain after my period to almost all the time.

I've had 2 ultra sounds an x-ray on my back and a abdominal ct scan. It showed that I have several Fibroids and at least one of them is calcified and a retroverted uterus. My doctor said that they don't know what is causing my pain but she did mention it could possibly be Endometriosis.

I always thought if you had Endrometriosis it would have been a problem all way through your life...could it be possible to affect someone after child birth. has this happened to anyone. I'm going insane with the pain

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2016, 10:49 AM   #2
Newgirl2016
(female)

Newgirl2016 HB User
Re: Possible endo?

Anybody with any insight please!!!

Old 12-20-2016, 07:31 AM   #3
mommyofthree06
(female)

mommyofthree06 HB User

It Def can be endo. I am 33 and have 3 children I always had heavy painful periods but since my last child was born the pain got worse. Once a month I would be in the er after they discovered I large ovarian cyst. I since had my ovary removed and confirmed endo. I believe I've had it for a long time but it was Un disvovered. Now I'm on seasonique a birth control that u only get ur period every 3 months. The trick is to stop ovulationg. I'm in the 5th month and have had no pain. Endo is horrible but try the options to manage it

Old 12-31-2016, 04:11 PM   #4
Chunkydunking
(female)

Chunkydunking HB User

Newgirl2016. Endometriosis is not the only thing that causes heavy bleeding and back aches. Fibroids also cause heavy bleeding. The submucosal fibroids that are in the wall of the uterus cause most of my heavy bleeding. Blood clots are also a sign of fibroids. Not endometriosis.

When I was younger I had heavy periods due to endometriosis and never had blood clots. When I got older (my 40's) and found out I have fibroids. My periods got longer, heavier and then the blood clots began. I would soak through tampons and pads faster than ever before. This was my fibroids.

If your looking for relief from the bleeding? Ablation is best. This is where the endometrium is burned out. Periods will be either stopped or greatly reduced. You will not be able to have more children after this procedure. Keep in mind, it will not stop the fibroids from growing. They will continue to grow and even when removed, they can come back. Small fibroids are usually not a problem. But as the grow the cause issues like heavy bleeding, pain, bladder issues.

Last edited by Chunkydunking; 12-31-2016 at 04:50 PM. Reason: meant to hit reply. Instead I hit Quote Reply.

Old 12-31-2016, 04:41 PM   #5
Chunkydunking
(female)

Chunkydunking HB User
Smile Re: Possible endo?

Newgirl2016. I was diagnosed with endometriosis in 1989. I suffered for 3 years until I was diagnosed. There are support groups for dealing with this whether you choose surgical or non-surgical methods. It can't be cured. But it does have a life span where it burns itself out and becomes inactive.

Get to a gynecologist and have them confirm that you have endometriosis. I have never, ever heard of anyone ever having pain down their leg from it. In order to be diagnosed you will absolutely have to have exploratory surgery. There is no other way to detect it. No blood work, x-ray, ultrasound or MRI can detect endometriosis. I had laparoscopic surgery to find it. They made a tiny hole at the belly button to go in.

Endometriosis commonly starts in women in their early 20's after their first child. My gyno told me the endometrium cells travel back thru the fallopian tubes and attaches itself to your organs. When your estrogen levels peak during ovulation and menstruation the endometrii that is displaced (not in the uterus) will begin to bleed. Due to not having anywhere to exit the body, our body will try to absorb it. The places that the endo is attached to will develop scar tissue. It is trapped in the main body cavity.

If you are having pain down your leg you might want to have an MRI on your lower back and see if you have any damaged discs in the L1 thru L5 areas which would pinch nerves and contribute to lower back pain. This could be your sciatica nerve if pain is only down one leg.

Early stage endo is clear and can't be easily seen. Older endo is different colours that gradually get darker like yellow, green, brown and black. The black endo becomes inactive scar tissue. It will make organs stick to each other and not be slippery. So when you do aerobics you'll feel a slight pain as the organs temporarily stick to each others scar tissue, like little bits of velcro.

Endometriosis is treatable and can be put into remission until it ages enough that you won't have pain from it. The older endo doesn't cause pain. I went thru this process instead of consenting to a hysterectomy as pain management.

Triggers of endo attacks are Coffee, Alcohol, Chocolate, estrogen and FAT CELLS. Your fat cells carry excess estrogen. A healthy diet, exercise and avoiding consuming the trigger foods will ease the attacks.

I used to be dropped to the floor in 20 minutes from consuming Khalua. I weighed 198 lbs when I was diagnosed. I worked down to 140 lbs and with diet restrictions from triggers I felt fantastic. I used hormone therapy to put the endo into remission. My remission lasted 3 years. The pain after was nothing compared to what it was in the beginning.

Not all women will suffer debilitating pain. Not all women have to have all the text book signs in order to have it. Some doctors have reported that they performed a tubal ligation on women and found they were covered with endometriosis on their inside organs and never complained of pain.

Keep your head up. Keep asking questions. Research everything you can on the subject. And until you have had surgery confirming that you have it, don't take anyone's word for it. It cannot be diagnosed without exploratory surgery.

Good luck and stay strong.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-31-2016 at 07:09 PM.

Reply Reply