It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board

Endometriosis-lower right abdominal/pelvic pain

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-21-2016, 03:06 AM   #1
Jessicab14
(female)

Jessicab14 HB User
Endometriosis-lower right abdominal/pelvic pain

I was diagnosed with mild endometriosis on my lower left side through laparoscopic surgery last summer. I also had my appendix removed.

Before my surgery I ALWAYS had pain on my lower right side. I didn't start having severe pain up until I was in my twenties. When the pain first began, it was cyclical. Only occurring a couple weeks before my period and getting better when my period would end. I don't understand why I would have endo on my lower left side, when my severe pain is on my right side.

I am now 24. For the past year I've been experiencing constant, agonizing pain in my right lower abdominal/pelvic area. I also get nausea due to the amount of pain I have. My appetite is pretty much non-existent because of the nausea. I'm in continuous birth control, but I keep having breakthrough bleeding, and pain during intercourse. Painful bowel movements with lower abdominal spasms going away after bowel movement( has happened ever since surgery). I've been in and out of the ER, and I've seen my gynecologist countless times. I also see a naturopath that tries to help me.

Yesterday I had a CT scan with contrast because my gynecologist thinks I might have a hernia. I won't know the results for a couple days. My gynecologist told me that if the CT scan is normal she wants to put me on Lupron. She said that is her last resort with me.

I am very stressed out, frustrated, and sick of pain killers, and this pain!! The only thing that helps me not feel the pain is oxycodone(which I try not to take unless I absolutely have to) and a heating pad. I am also avoiding dairy and gluten because I hear that can help.

I honestly feel very alone. The only exercises I'm able to are yoga, and short walks. I am no longer able to work because I can't seem to go to work on a consistent basis. Thankfully my work offers intermittent leave so I won't get fired, and I keep my health insurance. Fortunately my boyfriend is extremely supportive through all of this. At this point, I'm considering getting off my birth control and let my body heal itself with the guidance of my naturopathic doctor.

If anyone has any pain relief tips, I'd love to hear them!!

Last edited by Jessicab14; 12-21-2016 at 03:55 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply