It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board

Returning Endometriosis Symptoms?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-28-2016, 11:55 AM   #1
MPain22
(female)

MPain22 HB User
Returning Endometriosis Symptoms?

Hi there!

My name is Madeline and I am new here. I apologize because this is going to be a long post. But, I don't have insurance and I need to be sure about going to the doctor before I fork out the money for it.

I have always had excruciating periods...from about my second one when I was 11 years old. I would call my mom at work crying because I was so ill. I remember sitting on the air conditioner trying to numb the pain! lol As I got older, they increasingly got worse.

When I was 17 I had a VERY bad episode that I was nearly unconscious. My boyfriend had to carry me from the bathroom to my bed and I couldn't even talk...my vision was going out, etc. After that, things got really strange. I wasn't regular anymore, I rarely had a period, but when I did it was excruciating.

Sex is extremely painful as well...and it has been getting worse.

I am currently 22. When I started college 4 years ago, I went to my doctor at the time to get birth control pills because I had heard that would help the pain. He mentioned that the extreme pain could be endometriosis, but never investigated further.

Right before I got married, I had mirena inserted. During the insertion, I felt faint and threw up. The pain made me cry. However, they said my insides felt and looked fine and they had never had someone have such a reaction to the insertion. (Maybe I'm just a big whimp).

Fast forward to the last couple of weeks: it's been about a year and a half since Mirena was inserted. Every month, around the time I WOULD get a period, I get excruciating cramps that cause my legs to go numb, my back hurts so bad, and I feel faint. I literally have to stop what I am doing.
My sex life is terrible because it hurts so much to do any position other than a couple.

The last few days, I have noticed my cramps also show up when I need to have a bowel movement (sometimes during and definitely after) and also that it takes a little bit longer for me to pee than normal, even though I feel like my urge to pee has increased.

My cramps are very random and very painful...I always have to carry meds and a hot water bottle with me because I never know when it will strike.

Could this be endo or something else? Should I go to a doctor and tell them to investigate further instead of just stating it is endo? I can't deal with this pain without knowing a reason for it. It is effecting my life too much.

Thank you!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2016, 05:08 AM   #2
K8D
(female)

K8D HB User
Re: Returning Endometriosis Symptoms?

Hi Madeline.
I am very sorry to hear you've been having so many problems. Hopefully I can help you a little.
I'm 29 and was diagnose with Endometriosis (Endo) when I was 16, ive had it removed several times and its also managed to get as far as my bowels and bladder...
Based on your description, I recommend you get a referral to a Gyno. The pain you described is a hallmark of Endo, as is your bladder and bowel problems and the heavy period too.
Heat packs, using magnesium oil with a gentle lower back massage and warm showers help me. Also I sleep with a pillow under the painful area (usually by right side) when the pain hits, the pressure helps.
To get an Endo diagnosis you will need an exploratory laparoscopy surgery, unfortunately scans can't see Endo. They can remove the Endo when they find it in surgery. Other than surgery, the only other treatment is to get pregnant and give birth. Having a baby pretty much restarts your system. Theres no guarantee it'll happen but ive met a lot if people who didn't have Endo symptoms anymore after their pregnancies. Having the surgery removes the visible Endo that's there a the time. It can grow back in anywhere from 3 or so years.

Sorry for the essay but I hope ive helped you. Like I said though, from your symptoms, I would get it checked out by a gyno. Sending you the best of luck and lots of well wishes. Please let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help more

Old 12-29-2016, 06:45 AM   #3
MPain22
(female)

MPain22 HB User

Thank you so much! That does help a lot! I'm just worried on how far it has progressed since I was 17...I hope they can do something about it.

That was very helpful I appreciate it very much

Old 12-29-2016, 11:50 AM   #4
K8D
(female)

K8D HB User

Try not to worry about how its progressed if its there. Honestly, then smallest amount can cause major symptoms in some people and some people have a lot and have no symptoms. Its one of those things that that can't be judged until the surgeon is looking at it. Important thing is to get it checked out so that it doesn't continue to put you in pain.
Happy to help and again good luck

Old 02-28-2017, 11:45 AM   #5
Queenie99
(female)

Queenie99 HB User

Since I was a teen, I had severe cramps with my periods. I never had symptoms when I was pregnant since no ovulation was occurring. I was diagnosed with endometriosis in the early 90's. I had exploratory laparoscopy with laser standby. My gynecologist found several endometriosis lesions on my uterus and zapped them with the laser. I was fine for long periods of time after, but the endometriosis did come back. I had 4 laser laparoscopies. In between the laparoscopies, my gynecologist gave me shots of Depo Lupron to stop my periods. During the different 6 month time periods I was on the Depo, I had no symptoms of endometriosis due to not ovulating. I had no laparoscopies or Depo injections from 1999 to 2001. Finally in 2002, the endometriosis pain was so severe that my gynecologist removed my uterus (pathology of the uterus showed the endometriosis was in the lining of the uterus. He left my ovaries and fallopian tubes so I wouldn't have to go through forced menopause. I was endometriosis free until 2014 when I started to have severe pelvic/abdominal pain. My gynecologist and I decided to remove my ovaries and fallopian tubes at that time. When I was in surgery, more endometriosis was discovered on my ovaries. I never had any lesions adhere to other organs. I am no longer having any pelvic/abdominal pain associated with endometriosis.

Reply Reply

Tags
birth control, cramping, endometriosis, endometriosis pain