It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board

Just a few questions ...

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2017, 10:25 AM   #1
Deekay14
(female)

Deekay14 HB User
Please help...so frustrated!

I have not been officially diagnosed with endo. I am 34 and have always had painful periods, getting progressively worse, especially the last few years. I have been on birth control since 13, my doctor advised me to take the pill continuously now so I don't get my period. Since doing that I haven't experienced any pain but I want to try to have a baby and I also don't think it's normal to not have your period so I am thinking of stopping. Anyone have any similar experiences? The last episode I had was the worst, feeling like I had to go to the bathroom all the time but couldn't go without pain. My uterus was also having contractions. It honestly felt like I was in labour, constant pain but then I could feel it ramping up and felt like I had to push something out. I was crying and rocking in bed, just hoping to sleep but ended up in the emergency room. I was taking Tramadol every 4 hours the entire day and it didn't even take the edge off. In the ER they gave me t3s, toridol, gravel and an anti inflammatory injection. I've had a pelvic ultrasound (internal and external) and everything was normal. Three different doctors have mentioned endo is a possibility but then they all say it's unlikely without any explanation or alternate diagnosis. Even the OBGYN I saw says endo is a possibility but he thinks it's more bowel related but I have never had bowel issues, unless it's around the time of my period. I am thankful that so far I only have pain with my period because I know some women have this all the time and even though I have been managing with the pill, it doesn't give me any answers and it doesn't seem like a long term solution. Also, even though I haven't had any pain in the last 6 months or so, I am always tired, lack motivation to do things I love, visit with friends and I have headaches and bloating. Is it normal to have these symptoms without the excruciating pain? TIA

Last edited by Deekay14; 02-21-2017 at 06:02 PM. Reason: More info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply