It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board

Weird post-op issue

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2017, 07:06 PM   #1
adri326
(female)

adri326 HB User
Weird post-op issue

I had my 3rd lap about a year ago and after my incisions healed and I was getting back to normal I noticed my belly button was always smelly. I thought the incision site was infected so I treated it but months later I was still noticing it.

The incision has long since healed so I did some investigating and realized the incision in my belly button healed in a way that sealed off the middle of my belly button. So now instead of one big opening there I have a tiny hole and a larger hole. The larger hole is just the size of a q-tip head but I can't get the q-tip behind the skin that's fused together. This means moisture from sweat, shower, etc gets back there and can't get out, leading to infection and smelly buildup. I've tried cleaning with alcohol and saline solution but the way the "tunnel" is situated I can't clean or dry the area I need to. A few times I've been tempted to just rip open where it fused together. I don't know what else to do! The smell is gross and embarassing. Has anyone else dealt with this? Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply