It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board

• Chronic Endometritis-NOT endometriosis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-11-2003, 09:11 AM   #1
    hillarynotclinton
    Inactive

hillarynotclinton HB User
    Post Chronic Endometritis-NOT endometriosis

I had a late miscarriage 3 months ago and a raging uterine infection, which probably caused it. I have not been able to get rid of the infection completely. 2 months after the mc, I ran another fever and the doctor said I had a mild infection of my uterine lining, left over from the mc. I was prescribed antibiotics and felt better after a week or so. Well, sort of. Ive been in chronic pain. I still have the infection according to my ob. I am always swollen/bloated. An ultrasound revealed no fibroids/ovarian cysts. Lab tests revealed no hormonal/thyroid abnormalities. So all Im really dealing with is this infection. Had another flare-up yesterday. I feel pretty bad. It feels kind of like the flu. I get nauseated/diahrea, sometime I throw up. I run a fever and have bad lower back and abdominal pain. My doc put me on yasmin in hopes of inducing heavier periods to help flush out my lining. In the meantime, I am dealing with feeling bad. I have 2 little kids and cant keep being "out of commission" for at least once a month. Anyone have any other info about this, something maybe my doc hasnt told me????BTW, the name of this is endometritis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2003, 10:07 AM   #2
    kat721
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kat721 HB User
    Metritis, endomyometritis, endomyoparametritis, myometritis these are all the same problem.
    It's a problem that involves 2-3 different organisms.
    Since the standard course of action would be anti biotics it would probably be wise to begin adding plain no fat yogurt with live active lactobacilli cultures to your daily diet to help the internal situation help to correct itself while the antibiotics are doing a massive infection kill off.
    There would be specifics with antibiotics depending on which kind of organisms your doctor finds.
    I believe there is a close relation between this problem and Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.
    This problem needs to monitored closely and taking all your meds as per Doctors orders is important.
    Be sure to get enough rest and make sure you are feeling well before you get back to normal activity.
    I have to wonder what female complications might be the after effect of such an infection.
    It would be reasonable follow up with any future signs of pelvic,vaginal or abdominal discomfort.
    Long term I would wonder about Adenomyosis.
    kat

Old 03-13-2003, 06:59 PM   #3
    tinkers
    Senior Veteran

tinkers HB User
    I have my question answered.

[This message has been edited by tinkers (edited 03-13-2003).]

Closed Thread