It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board

• Fevers from endometriosis??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-21-2005, 07:12 PM   #1
    hillaryb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hillaryb HB User
    Fevers from endometriosis??

I was diagnosed with mild endo 2 years ago, and have recently been in more pain, so hopefully after the summer I will have another lapro to see if it has spread. I have been to the doctor a couple of times for a new problem: before, during, and after my period, I run fevers (chills, night sweats) and of course the pelvic pain is bad. This goes on for a week or so, and gradually gets better, only to start back up with my next cycle. I have no std's. I have been tested over and over. I was diagnosed with endometritis the first time and put on antibiotics and given a shot to get it going.

Several days later after a repeat visit with the doc, I wasnt better yet so she sent me to the er. What a mistake! We have a tiny, crummy hospital and my doc was so patronizing. He said I am a SMART GIRL (must have said that at least ten times) and should know that I probably just have a virus and pain from the endo. He said that my doc had been given me antibiotics for std's (she tested, I have none) and that it must be a virus because the antibiotics would have worked by now on an infection. He sent me home with vicodin (which I threw up every time i tried to take it) and finally about 4 days later I gradually got better. Next month, the same thing, though I skipped the doctor this time around. I got the fevers, painful periods, and on top of it the worst cold of my life which left me with ear infections, infected throat, and laryngitis for weeks. I DID get treated for that (antibiotics again).

Soooo, this is the third month, I am due for my period in a couple of days, and I am running fevers, having pain and chills at night. ugh. I woke up, needed to pee, and the feeling I had made me think bladder infection, but I thought that the last 2 times as well, but didnt have one. I guess whatever is going on inside of me is making everything hurt. I was aggressively treated for infection with my first bout of this. Had there been an infection, it should have been wiped out, so why is this happening every month. I have to use protection and limit sex with hubby, just to be sure we arent passing something back and forth. We arent.

Ive been swabbed for everything, and Im coming up clean. Ive had endometritis before with a miscarriage, and I think Im still dealing with it. I feel all inflamed, and my periods have changed with all this. Im not quite sure what to do. I was really angry over the er visit (I hate hate hate being patronized, Im not crazy and Im not one to rush to the er for nothing, my doc insisted I go) and the ob/gyn I have seen twice isnt someone I want to go on this journey with. Im sure he's fine, but Im sick and tired of this, and he has the bedside manner of a robot and doesnt like it when you show frustration. He also didnt seem to like it when I talked so I shut up around him because he seemed annoyed.

I decided to postpone a lap until the end of summer so I can spend some nice vacation time with my daughters. Im basically toughing out the fevers/flu-like symptoms each month,and I can honestly say I function pretty well when sick. Its hard to sleep, because I feel terrible, but other than that, Im managing. Im going to try to find a doc that wants to hear me out and wants to help me figure out why this keeps happening. I get sick so much its kind of unnerving and a little scary. Im 28, had cancer when I was 15 (soft-tissue, massive surgery to remove with horrible infections that left a huge hole for months but Im cured!!!!)

Ive been through alot medically in my life, so Im pretty well-versed as to what to do when your doc cant help you. You find another one. I also try really hard to be healthy. Ive changed up my diet to include lots of veggies and fruits, limiting sugar, taking vitamins and ground flax, so that I at least know that i am doing all that I can to be healthy. Im not overweight, actually Im underweight due to being sick alot, but I do make myself eat. Im active, I play with my kids and exercise and do lots of things that are fun for me and my family, so that i can be happy even while struggling with a body that HATES me!!

Okay, so Ive written a novel. I cant find any info about this and Im frustrated. Im just looking to see if anyone knows anything, or has possibly had similar experiences. I told my mom I was starting to think I was making this all up or something, to which she replied "all the stuff you have had you cant really fake or deny. You cant fake cancer. You cant fake these fevers." I agree, but Im just waiting for a doc to suggest its all in my head. They like to say that to avoid damaging their egos by admitting they dont know something. ugh. If anyone can relate, Id love to hear it. If not, I will continue on with all this, and keep looking for info. Im to the point where as long as it doesnt get worse, maybe I can get by, but its a little scary and I need to know that Im okay.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2005, 02:20 AM   #2
    Tesss
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Tesss HB User
    Re: Fevers from endometriosis??

HI Hillary
    Sorry to hear you have been having such an awful time. It doesn't help that drs don't really try to help or listen when this sort of stuff is going on.
    I have endo too. I don't suffer as badly as you do but I do get really bad backache, tiredness, general aches and pains, cold type symptoms, my asthma gets worse. Thsi is from the time I ovulate until after my period. I get about 8 days each month when I feel really great, the rest of the time I suffer to varying degrees. I have spoken to my GP about it and he said that the endo puts a strain on the body which in turn causes everything else to flare up or be more problematic, because the body is trying to cope with the endo it can't cope aswell with everything else.

So you aren't going mad and you aren't imagining it. What to do about it I don't know. I have started taking slipery elm which can help the body to cope with fevers, and aids general digestion/bowels. I don't get so many stomach aches throughout the month. You said you are eating healthily which I think will really help. Are you eating wheat and dairy? Dairy generally causes problems and wheat isn't that easy for the body to digest. I have noticed a definite improvement in my health with cutting these things out.

It sounds like you are a generally positive person in life. Carry on having fun and playing with your kids. Let me know how you get on and if you find anything to help you. All the best and good luck
    Tesss

Closed Thread