It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board

• Anyone know about endometriosis and adhesions? Please help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-26-2006, 05:46 PM   #16
    Belle2003
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Belle2003 HB User
    Re: Anyone know about endometriosis and adhesions? Please help!

I have adhesions from two c-sections over 18 years ago. I would suffer terribly from lower abdominal pain. I was tested for ovarian cancer. To make a long story short, it was concluded that I have adhesions. The doctor said that if you have surgery to remove them, they may come back just from the surgery to remove them. What I have found that helps is stretching exercises. This somehow helps. I have read where exercise stretches the adhesions inside of you causing them to be less taunt. It has worked for me. I do various sit-ups, crunches, legs lifts, etc. I am now in better shape and pain free! When I have gotten lazy and quit the exercising, the pain has returned.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2006, 09:23 PM   #17
    Izzybella
    Inactive
    (female)

Izzybella HB User

Last edited by Izzybella; 08-01-2007 at 08:48 PM.

Old 06-01-2006, 07:12 AM   #18
    shakorox
    (male)

shakorox HB User

So far we don't have an exact date. Her surgeon and gyno finally spoke to eachother yesterday. According to the surgeons office staff, they are waiting for the "paper-work". So it's been two weeks and four days since it was decided she would have the surgery and still no date. I've called the surgeon's office at least once a day every week day since three monday's ago. I feel bad for my wife because not only does she hurt but she's fustrated that they haven't given her a date yet. However, she spoke to her gyno yesterday and was told that the procedure would take place within the next "couple" of weeks. I've already called the surgeon's office this morning and they can't schedule anything until they get the "paper-work". I'll call back in a few hours and keep pestering them. That's the only update I have for now. Thanks to everyone for thier input.

Thanks again,
    -Derek-

Old 06-01-2006, 01:33 PM   #19
    djl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User

I cant believe that it is taking this long. It only took 1 week to schedule with my doc and the hospital.

Well, hopefully it wont be to long.
    Keep us updated.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:17 PM   #20
    sonic
    Veteran
    (female)

sonic HB User

Good luck derek,,,you & wife are in my thoughts~~~

Izzzybella...is your dr considering removing the adhesions?...or will this only cause MORE scar tissue in the future? Its like a no-win situation..sorry you are suffering. (((hugs)))

Closed Thread