It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board

need some honest advice

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine,USA
Posts: 1
workinmom12 HB User
Unhappy need some honest advice

Hi everyone. I'm concerned that I may have endo but would like to see what all of you think of my symptoms. I started noticing last year that my periods were getting more heat and painful as each month passed. I can't use tampons anymore because it hurts too much. Then I started having sharp pains during sex especially with deep penetration. It used to be just certain positions but now it's pretty much every we try. Just recently I had spotting after sex ande bleeding between periods. I have pelvic and low back pain everyday which is worse during menstruation. I seem to be tired slot and have dizzy spells. Do you think I might endo? How should I discuss this with my doc? Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 04-16-2012, 05:44 AM   #2
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 10
ritax HB User
Re: need some honest advice

Hi, you do have a few symptoms there, I think the best thing is to defenately go see your doctor and discuss it with them.
The increased pain during intercourse could also be where your tense, its very hard to relax when your doing something you know is going to hurt.

Good Luck

Old 04-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
BellaMoe's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kingston, Ma
Posts: 4
BellaMoe HB User
Re: need some honest advice

I was having the same symptoms, and actually fainted one morning from the spike of pain in my abdomen, so don't discount those dizzy spells. Definitely talk to your GYN and dr. Endometriosis is hard to diagnose, and the medical community still doesn't know much about it. Endometriosis is a diagnosis by exclusion - meaning they rule out other possibilities first, and cannot be seen most of the time by ultrasound. The only definitive diagnosis is by have a laproscopy (invasive surgery where a tiny camera is inserted thru incision in the abdomen). Find a dr who is specialist with endometriosis and you will begin to feel supported. I think half the battle is knowing! Good luck!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:11 AM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!