It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board

Living with endometriosis at 20.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-13-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
kyra87
(female)

kyra87 HB User
Unhappy Living with endometriosis at 20.

Hi my name is Kyra and I will domy best to make my first question short. In April 2013 i was surgically diagnosed with endometriosis. My question for this post is, where do i start with dealing with this? I feel soemotionally drained and confused about everything. I understand the best thing to do is to just learn to deal ( what ive been told by many adults) but I'm only 20. right now it doesnt work that way for me. I dont even know how i would begin to do so. I have the worlds most supportive boyfriend ever and he helps but he doesnt understand where I am comming from and there are some things i just cant talk to him about because hes not going through this. there are A LOT of questions i have to ask so im sorry if this isnt even that clear of a post or a question. i just feel alone and dont know what to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2013, 07:14 AM   #2
kt93
(female)

kt93 HB User
Re: Living with endometriosis at 20.

Hey!

I know how you feel. I am 19 and was diagnosed last October. You definitely aren't alone. As for what to do I'm not sure. You're lucky your partner is so supportive but I so agree that people have no idea what it's like unless they've experienced it. Did you have the laparoscopy to diagnose? I guess the best way to cope is to manage your symptoms and work out the ways that work best for you. Maybe book an appointment with a GP to discuss it? I hope this has helped, although I'm not sure I answered your question all that great. Just know you aren't alone

Old 05-18-2013, 07:15 AM   #3
kt93
(female)

kt93 HB User

Whoops sorry just saw you already said you were surgically diagnosed

Old 06-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #4
Alicia117
(female)

Alicia117 HB User

Hi! I was diagnosed when I was 18. Had surgery when I was 19. Since 2012 Feb, I've been taking the pill(Marvelon) every single day with NO breaks. It's helped, I have no pain at all, but I'm a natural person, and I hate hate hate taking pills for anything. I was like you, I felt alone too. Just do alot of research yourself so you understand what doctors say. Ask a ton of questions! If a doctor says something you don't understand, ask! Ask and ask, that's what I did and I learned alot. Don't let it take over your life. I can't remember anything from when I was diagnosed. I was so focused on it, thinking about it all day all night. I literally can't remember those first few months. Don't let that happen! You can ask me any questions you have and I'll try my best to help.
Good luck!
- Alicia

Old 07-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #5
danixholli
(female)

danixholli HB User

I know exactly how you feel! I was diagnosed at age 20 as well. It's really scary. My endo was too bad to take care of surgically, so I had two options: get pregnant, or take the Lupron shot for six months. The only thing to contain endo is to not have a period, sadly. I took the Lupron shot for five months before I decided I was ready for a baby. My gyno told me to have two full periods before my husband & I started trying. I've now been off the shot for a month, & still no signs of my period. I read it takes some people up to 8 months to start again, which sucks if you are wanting to start a family. My advice to you is to take the shot if you aren't wanting a baby anytime soon. It really did help me. The only side effects that I had were BAD hot flashes, & an annoying headache. If you are wanting a baby soon though, go ahead & try to conceive, then take the shot!

Old 07-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #6
Starissa81
(female)

Starissa81 HB User

Hi, i was diagnosed at 18 and since then have had 3 surgeries when the pain would come back. I have went though 4 doctors and this past feb found one thats specialty is endo. After i first visit with him was was scheduled for robotic surgery. Once he was done and i had my follow up visit he was stunned that I was able to semi deal with the pain i was in and that once he started he found way more growth and adhesions then expected. anyways, i have been on Zolaxex since then and only have 2 more to go. Its a like like lupron which i have been on 2 times before but once treatment stopped i was in pain again. So far i have had no pain problems and i still dont have a period which is fine by me. Im glad you have a boyfriend that is so understanding, mine left me. he couldnt deal with me being in constant pain. All i can say is talk with your doctor on what you can do to help it and go from there and dont be afraid of a second option. I had one tell me i needed to get prego now or have a full hysterectomy, i was 21 at that time. I wish you all the luck and know that it is very common.

Reply Reply

Tags
confused, endometriosis, pelvic pain, young adult