It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board

• Possbile Endometriosis (Help please.)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-01-2014, 09:21 PM   #1
    TeresaLion
    (female)

TeresaLion HB User
    Exclamation Possbile Endometriosis (Help please.)

Hi. I'm 17 years old. Since I first started my period around the age of 13, I have experienced painful cramps.
    These cramps have progressively worsened. I'll give a quick description of my period: First off, I receive it sometimes off-schedule. My cramps last maybe 70 percent (on average) of my whole period (5-9 days). My symptoms include nausea, vomiting, numb feet, pain running from my abdomen down to my legs, tender breasts, headaches, joint pain, etc.
    My mother never experiences and never has experienced periods like this, so she sympathizes. It's difficult to find a working medicine to help with the pain. I also do things like use a heating pad and drink chamomile tea which sometimes help. I also just started taking a daily chaste berry extract as I've seen it suggested online, but I haven't been given opportunity to see it work.
    I have found out that one aunt on my mother's side and two aunts on my father's have had endometriosis. One of my aunt's had her first surgery at the age of 19, and she says she would experience periods the way I do. It's possible that even more relatives of my have gone through it, and it just seems like my chances are high.
    I don't know if any of this information paints a better picture of my situation: I experience a somewhat thick clear discharge quite often and sometimes are darker color. I am sexually active with one partner and have not been with anyone else. The discharge I spoke of was existent before I began having sex.
    I've voiced my worry of endometriosis to my mother, but I think she is just telling herself I probably don't have it and won't take me in to my first gyno visit.
    So, my question is: How do you suggest I handle the situation of fearing endometriosis? Any advice an comments are greatly appreciated. Also, I know that the question of my sexual activity will be asked. I've heard it before: "If you're not ready to admit to your mother that you are having sex, you're not ready to have sex." In all honesty, I feel I'm as ready as ever. I have been with my boyfriend for over two years and trust him completely. If you have any suggestions on how I should handle that question, because I do not want to lie by saying I'm a virgin, please say what you want!
    Thank you!

ANY INFO HELPS!

Last edited by TeresaLion; 07-01-2014 at 09:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2014, 01:21 AM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: Possbile Endometriosis (Help please.)

You do sound like you have very painful and difficult periods. The fact they are getting worse can be a sign of endometriosis and that can be somewhat hereditary. Sometimes an ultrasound will show it during your menses, but not always. Have you tried Naproxen for the cramps? Endo causes two kinds of pain-one is the usual cramp-like pain and the other is sharper pain worse with movement or jarring of the abdomen. I would see if your Mom would agree to seeing your Dr. to discuss pain management during your periods. Most GYN Drs. will ask to see you alone first, when they inquire about sexual activity before your Mom joins you. They are usually sensitive to the nature of this with teens.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:49 AM   #3
    TeresaLion
    (female)

TeresaLion HB User
    Re: Possbile Endometriosis (Help please.)

I'd just rather handle it as soon as possible. I have not tried Naproxen. What works best for me is Walgreen brand med with pain reliever, caffeine, and a diuretic. Oh, thanks. I hope that she does see me alone about it.

Thanks for your info!

Closed Thread

Tags
    endometriosis, menstruation, period, teenager, women