It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board

lamotrigine

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-22-2016, 01:21 PM   #1
limeridge123
(male)

limeridge123 HB Userlimeridge123 HB User
Wink lamotrigine

Lamotrigine has anyone been on it at all. I'm looking for a new med if possible. I have the petei seizures just the mild ones. I have had a few grandma ones at times. I'm on vimpat now but my moods kind are up and down. Does anyone know a good med out there. I was told about this one but is it any good at all. If anyone could help me with meds it would be great thanks so much...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2016, 03:53 PM   #2
justina16
(female)

justina16 HB User
Re: lamotrigine

I am too taking both meds but I'm also taking more meds for other things. So are you taking any other meds for other things? I've learned that taking other kinds of meds along with others can lower the effects. I'm sure you've probably heard this before but just to remind you. I've had partial complex seizures all my life. I feel for you because I've been there. Actually still am even after my brain surgery or lobectomy. Throughout countless tests and 56 meds I'm practically a nurse, neurologist and pharmacist. You are probably too by now. Hope that any of this helps

Old 01-02-2018, 08:33 PM   #3
Ralph70
(male)

Ralph70 HB User
Re: lamotrigine

I suffer from seizures due to a low grade glioma (frontal/temporal and moving into the motor cortex). I've been on just about every anti-seizure med. After sufferring some particularly bad grand mal seizures resulting in hospital ER trips and stritches, I wanted to improve the medication mix for better protection. My neurologist prescribed lamictal and it was awful. it took me hours to get up every morning, my thinking felt sludgy land I couldn't react to much of anything. I'm currently on divalproex and it mostly works. i hope that helped a bit.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-02-2018 at 09:02 PM.

Reply Reply