It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board

• seizures

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-01-2018, 02:30 PM   #1
    Sahara678
    (female)

Sahara678 HB User
    seizures

3 years ago I had a seizure I then had another one in the ambulance all was fine until last week I was on my way to my doctors for blood test as I am type 2 diabetes I was about 3 mins from my doctors surgery and the next thing I remember is a man telling me he's a paramedic and he was taking me to hospital I don't remember being admitted or anything else and I went to the waiting room to tell my husband and kids and I proceeded to have another one in the waiting room I had a CT scan which was clear and sent home after 2 days on keppra and I'm having an mri next week if this comes back clear does that mean I'm not an epileptic I had these tests three years ago and my appointment with the neurologist was cancelled as he had left and went to work elsewhere they now have a neurologist who was annoyed that I wasn't given any information last time l am now afraid to go out alone and I don't remember any warning or strange symptoms I would be really grateful for any help as I was completely independent and now I'm permanently scared thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2019, 03:49 AM   #2
    Shane. G
    (male)

Shane. G HB User
    Re: seizures

Hi Sahara
    I just read your question as I haven't been on for quite a while. I have Temporal Lobe Epilepsy and have had since i was 18 months old. I find that when the epilepsy is about to play up i get what is called an aura. its like a feeling of butterfly/ nerves in the tummy. same type i get when feeling hungry. this feeling comes 10 - 30 minutes be for i have my first turn. could be anything from a complex partial seizure to grand mal. im not diabetic as far as all the tests the doctors have done. but if i have anything high in sugar such as full strength coke beer ice cream fruit such as oranges canned fruit chocolate i do seizure. i'm on lamictal keppra tegretol 13 tablets a day. it controls it so i put up with taking that many. people used to say: you cant do because you've got epilepsy and would say back: i control it. it doesn't control me. and that a disability is not a handicap . but a challenge to conquer.

Reply Reply