It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board

• l-theanine & epilepsy medication.

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-31-2019, 11:37 AM   #1
    BAHAMAS
    (male)

BAHAMAS HB User
    l-theanine & epilepsy medication.

Hi I am posting here today as either Lamictal or gabapentin is responsible for my insomnia.

I have tried melatonin but it does not keep me asleep for more than a few hours

I have been calling around and a few people that I have talked to have recommended l-theanine BUT before I try it I would like to find out from anybody out there who has epilepsy and is on medication if it can be taken with medication or not.

Thanks Craig

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2019, 12:22 PM   #2
    danabarb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User
    Re: l-theanine & epilepsy medication.

I do not have the answer for that, but suggest you call your pharmacy, if your doctor's office will not tell you

Old 08-01-2019, 05:57 AM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: l-theanine & epilepsy medication.

Gabapentin actually makes you tired, so I doubt this would cause insomnia..

l-theanine is an amino acid which also does not affect sleep- I am not sure why it was suggested to you, but if you think it will either help you sleep or keep you awake, it will not.

If you have questions about medication or supplements, please do not trust the board to answer this for you- we are not medical professionals. Call your doctor and ask..or if you cannot reach your doctor, your pharmacist MIGHT be able to help...keep in mind that supplements are not DRUGS- therefore it is questionable if they can tell you if this particular supplement can interfere with your medication.

Reply Reply