It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board

• Photosentitive seizures

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-18-2021, 11:04 AM   #1
    winddecor
    (female)

winddecor HB User
    Photosentitive seizures

We have a question about these type of seizures. My daughter has non-epileptic seizures that happen when she is stressed. She started having a new type about 5 months ago. These happen when she is around certain types of movies and certain lights like during the super bowl intermission. She had episode during the Godzilla movie also. Also in a indoor golf place where they were flashing lights. She has auros with these.

But, she did not have any seizure during strobe light test for epilepsy. Is there something else that can cause these type of seizures that would not be this type of flashing lights. LIke movements of different types of lights.

Thanks
    DJ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2021, 07:48 AM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Photosentitive seizures

Hi winddecor,

Were these movies being watched at home in a dark room? A couple of days ago I was watching a DVD movie in a dark room, which I usually don't do. And there was one scene where there were explosions and the screen suddenly went to a very bright white. It was a shock to my eyes and brain going from dark to intense brightness. I'm sure if I had a light on in the room that wouldn't have happened.

Have you tried keeping a light on in the room?

Reply Reply