It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board

• EPILEPTOLOGIST! Please help find a board member from over a year ago, she was a regu

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-30-2004, 08:58 PM   #31
    tkdmom96
    Senior Veteran

tkdmom96 HB User
    Re: EPILEPTOLOGIST! Please help find a board member from over a year ago, she was a regu

Hi Kay, That is what they are looking into with this subdural placement. Any interictal right side activity. Because there was so much for the EEG electrodes to go through (skin, bone, dura, etc) they weren't positive if it was a quick crossover (focus left with a quick cross to the right) or if it is independent activity. That is what they need to conclude with this surgery.
    From what I understand, they will not do surgery if there is activity found on the right, because Katie's memory is already compromised on the left. (MTS)
    And, her language and partial memory moved to the right side as well. So I don't know what will be said when we are all said and done. Katie had her pre-op today, took about 1 1/2 hours. Signing the consent form sure put the finality in it all. We are ready, and will not back down. We need answers, and this is the way it needs to be done. We just heard another story today of an 17 year old boy who had a left temporal lobectomy 6 years ago and has been seizure free for 5 of those 6 years, no meds and was accepted to college for the fall. He had seizures from the age of 5 to 12. He is almost 18. He is the son of the nurse who did Katie's pre-op! What GREAT hope! It was touching...she had goose bumps telling us...I had goose bumps listening! He also has his drivers license. Well, our son Andrew is off to Italy in 12 hours, need to scoot and finish packing him up. He has been a real advocate for Katie all of these years. He is nervous about being away for her surgery, but he will be occupied and having a great time.

Take care and I'll be back her as soon as I can with good news...

Vicki
    mom of Katie, the most courageous young lady I know

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2004, 09:33 PM   #32
    tkdmom96
    Senior Veteran

tkdmom96 HB User
    Re: EPILEPTOLOGIST! Please help find a board member from over a year ago, she was a regu

Hi Guys,

I posted on a new thread for Katie's surgery and test results...

YAH! We're home already!!! We can't believe it either!

Read the post under: Good Friday...Good News

Vicki
    mom of Katie, the daughter I admire more than words can say

Old 04-16-2005, 12:32 PM   #33
    Phoebe
    Inactive

Phoebe HB User

Bumping Up For New Member

Old 04-20-2005, 03:50 PM   #34
    Phoebe
    Inactive

Phoebe HB User

Bumping for new members

Closed Thread