It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board

• words from a mother's broken heart

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-15-2005, 07:46 AM   #31
    sey
    Inactive

sey HB Usersey HB User
    Re: words from a mother's broken heart

Hello Dannys Mom ((((hugs))) thank you for adding to this post. Loved the bit you added to the end 'us ordinary human beings have to work to get to heaven, our children are already in the arms of angels, and we get to love them while they are here..." that was lovely and so true. Its comfort knowing there are sadly indeed others out there and lm glad we have this board to share and comfort each other l for one would be lost!without it! Thinking of you all xxx luv niecsey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2005, 06:06 AM   #32
    sey
    Inactive

sey HB Usersey HB User

BUMPING this thread up to help the new ones (Y)

Old 12-08-2005, 05:07 AM   #33
    zanzabarz
    (female)

zanzabarz HB User

Sweet woman, thanks to you for the first time since we found out what my sons fits were about I have not felt so alone. HEaring of your tears and pain has made me stonger to deal with the days and nights ahead. To have carried your child so close to you and to now feel so helpless tares me apart. it has been a couple of years now but still every night when he sleeps peacfully I sit by his bed and cry for him. Then I find the srength to fight it another day. He is so brave and deals with it all so well he is only 6 and is even able to make jokes about it from time to time. He is my hero in life. I wish you and your child all the best, wish I could give you a hug when your tears come, know you are not alone. Mel.

Old 12-08-2005, 06:31 AM   #34
    sey
    Inactive

sey HB Usersey HB User

Thank you so much (Y) we do get stronger in mind but never in the heart how could we???? There our babies for ever good luck to you and your little boy xxxx

Old 12-08-2005, 06:21 PM   #35
    Hannahsmom5
    (female)

Hannahsmom5 HB User

Oh my, you have just described exactly how I feel. My daughter Hannah is 5 and was just diagnosed with partial complex seizure disorder. This disease looms over you like a black cloud, wondering when the next episode will occur. Hannah's first seizure occurred last Sunday and she was put on assisted ventilation for a short period before being flown to Children's Hospital and didn't wake for 8 hours. That was the longest 8 hours of my entire life. I shake all over every time I talk about it and I can't believe that my baby has been diagnosed with crazy disease. Hang in there. I'm sure if you are religious.....but if you have faith believe that God will protect her. Right now all I have is my faith and on Sunday night I made a deal with God.

Old 12-15-2005, 01:44 AM   #36
    confused mum
    (female)

confused mum HB User

niecsey reading ur letter was like reading my own post.. my little boy started having convulsions at 14 mnths old ( febrile) but was diagnosed with epliepsy in august lasat year.. i know how u feel mate and i dont know really what to say.. we waited for a year for a appointment to come through from GOSH for a 24 hr stay for variuos blood tests and scans... we has an 18 hour EEG to which they picked up nothing any different .. i lay there looking at him thinking why was this awful thing evented and put into our children what did anyone deserve to be given this .. my heart goes out to the people that suffer with eplipesy and i would trade myself just to make my little boy well again .. he use to be so happy but now all he seems to do is cry and be aggressive i jst want my little boy back........if u ever need someone to talk too i am here i know exactly how u r feeling right now and these boards have really helpes me as i now know i am not on my own ......

Old 12-17-2005, 04:31 PM   #37
    sey
    Inactive

sey HB Usersey HB User

Hi all xxx be reassured we all feel the same thats why we are here, my life will never be the same again l cant put my child to bed for the night and go relax as well you all here know it............. it seems an eternity since l could put her to bed and relax for the night an eternity since l walked away from the school gate and had no worries oh how life changes ......... be reassured none of us is alone... wishing you all a safe and a merry xmas and best wishes for the new year hoping things will improve for all of us take care xx luv niecsey

Last edited by sey; 12-17-2005 at 04:33 PM. Reason: typos

Old 12-27-2005, 12:15 PM   #38
    sey
    Inactive

sey HB Usersey HB User

Hi all xxx just reread your posts and l feel humble to have touched in you what l myself feel if lve done one good thing this year then ive helped some of you here thank you for that l feel gobsmacked!! xxx take care all

Old 12-28-2005, 10:34 PM   #39
    Here to Help
    (female)

Here to Help HB User

Hi there......
    I know it is the worst thing in the world to see you baby girl having a seizure. My daughter Paige is so beautiful and smart and started having seizures at the age of 9 as well. I am not sure what kind of seizures your baby girl suffers from but my daughter had lots and lots of test and finally we got an answer. She has what is called Benine Rowlandic Epilepsy in children. The better of all of the seizures(if there is such a thing). The Doctors have told me that she will out grow the seizures by 16 years of age or so...... I sure hope that is the case!!! She is taking tegretol for her seizures and does very well on it. She doesn't have any seizures when she takes it the way she should. If she misses 3 doses then she does have a seizure. We try our best to monitor her medication. Paige is now 12 and is doing great. She is tired of taking the meds but she does understand the importance of it and knows it won't be forever hopefully. My daughter was premature and they think that is probably the reason for her seizures. Even though it didn't manefest itself until the age of 9. Don't be discouraged!!!! I went threw what you are going threw and still am.... Once the doctor finds the right Medication for her and sets the right dose, I'm sure you daughter will stop her seizures all together. Just give it a little time and you will see..... IT WILL GET BETTER!!! Don't let your daughter see you scared and devistated. She will feel Scared and insecure. One of my good friends suffers from a worse type of epilepsy and has had seizures all of her life and has lived a very normal life. She is 37 years old and has 3 heathy kids. There are so many advances now, and they even make medications that a pregnant mom can take during her pregnancy. It really is amazing. You can live threw this just like many other moms have. Your baby girl is going to be just fine, you'll see.....
    I wish you and you daughter nothing but the best!
    you will be in my prayers tonight......

Old 12-29-2005, 04:10 AM   #40
    sey
    Inactive

sey HB Usersey HB User

Thank you it seems alifetime ago since l posted that thread my daughter has just turned 10 now and has left temporal lobe and is now doing good on the tegretol. Yes l know how everyone feels and were all here for each other which helps a great deal its good to hear your daughter is doing good too!!! MAY IT CONTINUE FOR ALL OF USX Best wishes everyone xxx

Old 01-01-2006, 04:33 PM   #41
    youngdogs2
    (female)

youngdogs2 HB User

I have a 1 year old daughter who started to have (starring episodes) at 7 months. I felt that it was a seizure so my pediatrician said take her right to the neurologist. The EEg showed a lot of activity and she was diagnosed with partical complex with generalized seizures. We then went to Children's Hospital in Boston for an MRI and they found a brain tumor. On October 17, 2005 Taylor had the tumor removed. We celebrated her 1st birthday on October 28th at home and she was running around like nothing ever happened.
    SHe is still taking Keppra and will continue for a while. We had a tough time with the Keppra for a while it made her VERY crabby, but we have since changed her dose and it seems better.

They are not sure if the seizures will go away or not yet. We are scheduled for more MRI's this month so we hope for good news. I hope she doesn't have to deal with the meds ands worry about seizures for the rest of her life but I am so greatful that her tumor was benign and they were able to remove it. She is a very strong willed baby and she is precious. It is so hearbreaking to se your child in pain or have something that isn't "normal" to have to deal with. I guess after spending a week at Children's and seeing kids that had it worse off then we did it was humbling (now not while we were there).

I hope that all of your children will live a life that is as seizure free as possible and they are happy!

Pam in NH

Last edited by youngdogs2; 01-01-2006 at 04:35 PM.

Old 01-03-2006, 08:31 AM   #42
    sey
    Inactive

sey HB Usersey HB User

Hi young x thank you for posting here l hope you little one also has a trouble free life thankfully the tumour was benign but it doesnt make things less scary ,its a horrible horrible thing this but were all here for each other sorry cant stay on pc long to do a detailed post as l have the flu and my head is busting best wishes for the new year (and healthy ones too) xx take care all

Closed Thread