It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board

• Pre-aura weird feeling- like something not right

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-01-2005, 08:44 PM   #1
    neurowreck
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

neurowreck HB User
    Question Pre-aura weird feeling- like something not right

Does anyone have a sort of strange feeling before they actually get an aura? Like sometimes hours before, things just don't seem right?

I get these weird feelings like I'm almost reliving past bits and pieces of seizures (which I normally don't have), and it's often several hours before the seizure. I"ve heard of the prodromal warning type feeling, and guess that's what this is, but haven't heard anyone else talk about it.... in some ways it's good, so I can be in a safe place when the aura does hit, but in other ways, I think I should be able to stop the seizures if I've got enough warning time, and a possible "as needed" medication (Klonopin) to either make the seizure not happen, or not be as bad.

Anybody else "know" when it's going to be a 'bad' day????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2005, 06:18 AM   #2
    bettyst
    Veteran
    (female)

bettyst HB User
    Re: Pre-aura weird feeling- like something not right

Tripp has these feeling just before he has a complex partical seizure....but not before the ones called simple PS. His SPS last only a few seconds....but the CPS last longer....as long as one hour...of him just walking around acting strange...doing strange things. I always give him Ativan for those and have found out it always takes 2 of the Ativan to bring him to the point we can keep him in the bed and he will sleep. They have always happened after midnight. he has had 4 of them to this date.

Old 08-02-2005, 11:27 AM   #3
    neurowreck
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

neurowreck HB User
    Re: Pre-aura weird feeling- like something not right

I have CPS, and occasionally those who have seen them said a few times they generalize, but not to a full grand mal- more unilateral limb involvement. Mine can also last for several minutes, and then I sleep for hours, and don't feel all that great the next day. I've got Klonopin to take when I feel the auras to see if that cuts down on the duration or severity (hard to tell since I live alone).....but the feeling I get sometimes- not always- is different from the auras (weird chest sensation), and is a vague "not right" feeling, that I usually use as a sort of warning to not go anywhere that day....

Closed Thread