It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board

Anybody else see weird light patterns when they wake up?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2006, 08:34 PM   #1
neurowreck
Senior Veteran
(female)

neurowreck HB User
Anybody else see weird light patterns when they wake up?

I've been in the ER again Thurs and Fri....when waking up last night, I saw weird light patterns- I was very aware of them- not scared, but just aware. I don't remember those from earlier seizures. I wasn't sure if it was a simple partial coincidently when I was waking up from a CPS, or what. I didn't mention anything to the nurses, since one of them was being rather snitty about me calling 911 myself "If it was a seizure how could you do that?"....I woke up from another, and felt the weird "not over" feeling- that's how...and my only words to the 911 operator were "need help- seizure"....both nights they found me face down on the floor.... (still working on that letter/article about what it's like to have seizures, and will add that).... it's like they think that if we have seizures, none of us have any warning, or capability to know something is wrong....anyway, I digress... back to the light patterns- not there when my eyes were open, only when closed, and more like shifting patterns of different colors of light. They weren't unpleasant- just different.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2006, 09:11 AM   #2
IJUSTWANNANO
(male)

IJUSTWANNANO HB User
Re: Anybody else see weird light patterns when they wake up?

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by IJUSTWANNANO; 09-04-2006 at 04:27 AM.

Old 06-11-2006, 02:10 PM   #3
neurowreck
Senior Veteran
(female)

neurowreck HB User
Re: Anybody else see weird light patterns when they wake up?

I'm still working on that letter- seems every time I go in , there's more to add ! One nurse today (yes, 3rd trip in 4 days) seemed approachable...her comments when I asked why it seemed to be such a pain to deal wth seizure patients is they can't really 'fix' them...so add on to letter about feeling different, living totally alone with nobody to call, no access to a neuro due to no insurance and being on disability, having to take new meds (just got Neurontin back) and figuring out doses with other meds, etc....I'm going to mail it, but not until closer to when I move (end of August).
Got IV fluids today- not sure if any labwork was done since it had been in the last 4 days.....just very tired still. Had to go home in a gown again, since clothes cut off, and if they'd given me a few seconds, I would have been able to help them...the jolt from the ambulance gurney to the ER stretcher had me slightly awake, so could have helped.

Closed Thread