It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board

• had bad swallowing problems

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-31-2006, 07:32 PM   #1
    zorm
    Veteran
    (female)

zorm HB User
    had bad swallowing problems

anyone had bad swallowing problems after seizure is this part of epilepsy im scared

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2007, 09:43 PM   #2
    felixjunkie
    (female)

felixjunkie HB User
    Re: had bad swallowing problems

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zorm
    anyone had bad swallowing problems after seizure is this part of epilepsy im scared
    I've had trouble getting my throat to work post-seizure, but it goes away after I relax for a few seconds. I could feel the back of my throat moving and trying to initiate swallowing, but peristalsis wouldn't begin and my spit would just kind of hang out in the back of my throat until it started swallowing again. If it's severe enough to scare you then why not talk to your neuro? Maybe they'll have some advice, but as far as whether or not that's a part of epilepsy, I'm not sure. It sounds likely, but I'm no professional, lol.

Good luck!

Old 01-05-2007, 08:03 PM   #3
    SentenceDoing
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SentenceDoing HB User
    Re: had bad swallowing problems

I don't know if this is the same thing, but when I was getting a lot of complex partial seizures, my gag reflex was very strong. I'd just be eating food, and I would gag for no reason other than the fact that there was food in my mouth.

Closed Thread