It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board

• RIGHT TEMPORAL LOBE SEIZURES

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-09-2003, 03:40 AM   #1
    ritamymom

ritamymom HB User
    Question RIGHT TEMPORAL LOBE SEIZURES

I have temporal lobe eplipsy and after having had a PET scan it was revealed that there is a reduced FDG uptake in the right temporal lobe however, the seizure focus has still not been found.
    I have to go in for neuropsychological testing and I am a bit confused. What are the two sides of the temporallobes responsible for? I believe that the left is verbal and the right is visual.
    My biggest problems with memory are short term memory problems and cognitive. I cannot do two things at once for instance, I cannot remember my friends names sometimes which is totally embarrassing, I cannot read a book due to the fact that if I put it down and pick it up later I have to start over since I have no idea what I read. I loose my train of thought in mid sentence. Are all these caused from the right temporal lobe! Has anyone out there had these tests and in particular the RBANS testing (Repeatable battery for the assessment of neuropsychological status).
    Please note that I also had an MRI which revealed an asymmetry in the temporal horns with the LEFT more prominent that the right.
    I am really nervous about these testing and would like some input as to what you encountered.

Thanks so much

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread