It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Message Board

• EBV and white blood cells

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-24-2019, 02:27 PM   #1
    louiset

louiset HB User
    EBV and white blood cells

Hey everyone,

I was just curious about something related to EBV. I caught EBV (glandular fever) when I was 18, now it's twelve years later so obviously I'm over the glandular fever stage now thank God. However, as we know EBV stays in the body, and I have suffered chronic fatigue and rashes on my body for many years.

I guess my question is for those who are over the glandular fever stage of the initial infection, so in a similar situation to me and have the virus latent in their body but subject to reactivation. They say that lymphocytes are elevated during infectious mononeucleosis (GF), so do you find that your white blood cell count has now come back to normal? Is you white blood cell count generally high or low?

Just wondering as my last one showed white blood cell count high with neutrophils high but lymphocytes no longer high. Are your lymphocytes now back in the normal range that the mono phase is over?

Thank you! xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2019, 02:53 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: EBV and white blood cells

My WBC has come back to normal. I had both EBV and Mono at two different times.

Reply Reply