It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Message Board

• Inflamed.

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-17-2020, 07:45 AM   #1
    zipster
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

zipster HB User
    Inflamed.

I had this when I was 18 (50) now. I got on with my life but since I had it different joints used to flare up which would be excruciating for a few days and I would take anti inflammatories and it would ease off. I got tested for rheumatoid arthritis at the time which was negative. Fast forward to I was 30 ish and I got ill with headaches, dizziness, fatigue etc. Had all kinds of tests and bloods done and all normal. The EBV always showed up in bloods but they said it was a passed infection. I got used to symptoms and relapses etc over the years. 4 months ago I started with a left side headache, left eye was inflamed, the only way i could describe it was my whole body felt inflamed. I then got like a cold type thing over xmas, scabs up left nostril etc. I just feel constantly shattered, sweating at night, groin pain, throats sore, glands feel up, earache etc. All normal bloods are ok i.e full blood count, liver, kidneys, cholesterol etc. I feel like a hypochondriac and nobody understands how awful and shattered I feel. My throat feels like razor blades when I swallow at night, no tonsils either because i had them out about 16 yrs ago. Anyone else similar?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2020, 12:55 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Inflamed.

Zipster...you have been getting tested pretty regularly..nothing has ever showed up.

What you had over the holidays sounds like a bad cold.

You really need to talk to your doctor about getting your health anxiety under control as this is controlling you, instead of you controlling it. Its not possible for this many doctors to be wrong.

When was the last time you had an MRI?

Old 02-17-2020, 12:58 PM   #3
    zipster
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

zipster HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
    Zipster...you have been getting tested pretty regularly..nothing has ever showed up.

What you had over the holidays sounds like a bad cold.

You really need to talk to your doctor about getting your health anxiety under control as this is controlling you, instead of you controlling it. Its not possible for this many doctors to be wrong.

When was the last time you had an MRI?
    End of 2018 the last brain mri scan.

Old 02-17-2020, 01:02 PM   #4
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Unless you can find a neurologist who is willing to do another brain and C spine MRI- and it is time....there is nothing anyone is going to do for you...you do not have classic symptoms of MS- and you have gone to so many doctors, you are going to anger them if you keep doing this.

Try to find a new neuro who will listen to you and ask them about repeating the MRI, but this time including a Cspine MRI...MS lesions can hide in the brain, brainstem and CSpine.

Reply Reply