It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Message Board

• High Adrenal Levels & EBV

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-24-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
    piscesmo
    (female)

piscesmo HB User
    High Adrenal Levels & EBV

Hello,

I'm new to this site. After feeling run down, sore throat, swollen lymphs etc, I was tested for Mono in March. The spot Mono was negative, but the EBV Ab VCA IgG was 320. The doctor concluded that I was in the recuperative stages of mono.

Since then I've had some good days and bad, but have consistently felt run down and tired. After talking with my sister who has adrenal/thyroid problems, I asked my new doctor to retest the EBV and check my adrenal levels. My adrenal levels are well above normal and my EBV Ab VCA IgG = 2399. An increase of almost 8x since March.

Unfortunately I changed insurance and doctors from my first test to my last and my current PCP only said "your tests show a recent EBV infection". It wasn't until I got the paperwork with the exact numbers that I became concerned and started doing my own research. To me, this sounds like a reactivation of EBV or chronic EBV infection. Right? Is it possible that a general practitioner could be this uneducated on EBV and be unaware of chronic EBV infection? Is anyone aware of an Adrenal/EBV connection?

I am exhausted. I am barely get up or make it through a full day at work. Has anyone had any experience with difficulty getting a diagnosis? Any advice on how to move this along to getting treatment and hopefully feeling better? Is there treatment???

The Following User Says Thank You to piscesmo For This Useful Post:
    besherrill (07-18-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2007, 11:22 PM   #2
    parisean
    (male)

parisean HB User
    Re: High Adrenal Levels & EBV

Hello Piscesmo,
    Not sure I can speak to any of your problems. Accept to say, that I find doing a bit of research into herbs and supplements and alternative therapies, has helped me. I have a condition the doctors think is CFS, but after years of tests and unanswered questions, I have come to the conclusion that I may have low adrenaline. I have yet to find any one who has this problem. I am currently looking into getting a blood test done and paying for it out of pocket, since my doctor won't even do the test.

On another note, as life became too difficult for me to get through, I had to make adaptations. So my suggestion, look around you and figure out how to make your life easier. Get a chair for the shower, get an over bed table for your laptop, when you are in bed. Put a table or book case near your bed or living room chair with all the stuff you would normally need, so you don't have to get up so often. Conserve energy as much as you can. Rest in between every little thing you do. A minute to 5 minute rest can make all the difference. Scale your life back to a level that you can tolerate better, or even start seeing improvement. Eliminate stress!!!!!!!!!!!

That is about all I can suggest. Remember, you are not normal anymore. Its tough to hear, but it is the best advice I can give.

Good luck, I feel for ya!
    Paris
    Not normal either.

Closed Thread