It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Message Board

• Doing everything to fight EBV/CFS except managing my stress...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-30-2011, 06:45 AM   #1
    LiveMike78
    (male)

LiveMike78 HB User
    Doing everything to fight EBV/CFS except managing my stress...

I'm 32 year old healthy male. I was diagnosed with Mono in late April and fought it off like a champ within 2 weeks.

I thought I was going to be back to normal, in the gym, etc. I've been patient as can be, but now 6 months later I still have vertigo, swimmy head, no urge to do anything physical, and am tired all the time.

I have eaten right, relaxed well, gotten plenty of sleep, I've juiced fresh carrots and beets twice a day for the past 3 months, I've had tons of vitamins (every recommended kind from fish oil to coQ10 to echinacea) in my smoothies I blend twice a day.

The one thing I have not stopped doing is high-stakes gambling on sports. I know this is an odd one, because stress is a huge no-no, but this has been a part of my income and lifestyle for quite some time. By brother in law is a "wise guy" out in Vegas who makes his living gambling and he throws me tips fairly often, so I'll find myself wagering 4 figures on a baseball or football game and be stressing over the outcome for up to 4 hours at a time.

How important is this stress in preventing my body from overcoming EBV/CFS? At the end of a stressful game I'll often feel very tired and swimmy.

I guess my question is - "I've been doing literally everything right for 7 months, but could gambling on football games be ruining all the good I've done"?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread