It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Message Board

• EBV- going on 3 months

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
    Larae30
    (female)

Larae30 HB User
    EBV- going on 3 months

I've been having strange symptoms since the middle of August. I got really sick at first, all started with a sore throat, which I thought, oh another sinus issue is coming (I have allergies and take zyrtec every day). A week later I felt like complete crap: could barely get up to get a glass of water, super dizzy, lightheaded, diarrhea, etc... I ended up going to the ER and everything was 'normal' except for the CT scan showed a cyst in my sinus cavity. The dr. said it was nothing to worry about.

I have a good friend who had had similar symptoms at the same time as I was having, but was across the continent. She found out she had mono and told me I should also get tested. My monospot test (or whatever the mono test is) came back negative, but 2 parts of my EBV test were elevated, I know one showed acute, so the Dr. said I had mono. This gave me a ton of relief because I finally had an answer. I am wondering if I could have gotten it from my friend because we had seen each other in May and I know we shared a drink (but I think that is longer than the incubation time period). I also did a rotation in a skilled nursing facility this summer and so I was around various medical issues...

Towards the beginning of this all, after my horrible week, I had a week where I felt great and was biking, swimming, joined a gym etc... Then it came back again. Was I pushing too hard and now my body is taking forever to heal? A couple weeks ago I had 2 good days also.

My main complaints/symptoms are dizziness/brain fog and fatigue. I have also been very anxious and worrisome. The more research I do, the more I worry and question everything. I also think the ER visit was traumatic because now I find myself feeling lightheaded when I see blood etc... so weird because it never bothered me and I am in the medical field. I also notice every little thing on my body that I never noticed before... I don't know how much of what I'm feeling is anxiety? I also have pretty bad tmj, so I am used to constant headaches etc...

This is all affecting my life so much and I find myself feeling depressed.

I am a doctorate student and graduate in December, and I already have a job lined up, I have a great boyfriend, etc... so I do feel lucky, but I haven't been myself the past few months and am scared I'll be like this the rest of my life? I'm in my last rotation in a local school system and I'm scared they think I'm making it all up and it's been a struggle to try to pretend like I feel okay. Basically I go do my rotation and then come home and sit around and watch netflix etc... When I'm working, I can't wait to come home and lay down.

Is it all the EBV/mono and it is just taking me a loooong time to get over? How do I not worry about lyme disease, cancer, etc...? I have been drinking a ton of water and orange juice. I also eat a little virgin coconut oil with honey every day and take a prenatal vitamin every night. I don't know what else to do. Any advice or insight? Thanks so much for reading this, it would help to know I'm not alone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2011, 10:22 PM   #2
    itburns2004
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User
    Re: EBV- going on 3 months

you are not alone. Emeralds virigin coconut oil. They are kinda large capsules. Helpful for ebv..mono. You can research coconut oil. Very very useful.

Closed Thread