It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Message Board

• Question about EBV Tests

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
    yrivers
    (female)

yrivers HB User
    Question about EBV Tests

Hi all,

Just trying to understand my EBV results more because my doctor won't talk to me about them. I'm very worried because I don't know if mono is causing my symptoms or if it's something else.

EBV Ab VCA, IgG >8.0 H
    EBV Ab VCA, IgM <0.2 (Not High)
    EBV Early Antigen Ab, IgG 1.4 H
    EBV Nuclear Antigen Ab, IgG >8.0

The doc's note to me in the lab results was: "Your mono test shows that possibly you are recovering from mono Normal blood count, sugar, kidney, liver tests if worse issues in next 1-2 weeks then please come back and see us Be ok to use advil and tylenol and make sure to eat and drink well Thanks"

I've tried googling to figure out how to interpret these results more specifically, trying to understand if I actually have mono, not just "possibly". But it's confusing because different tests have different ranges and I've seen different interpretations of EBV Early Antigen Ab. I guess my question to all of you who have struggled with EBV is have any of you had similar results and been diagnosed with active EBV? From everything I've seen on the Internet it seems like I most likely have had a past infection but does the presence of early antigen mean I most likely have an active infection? Or is it just as likely that I had mono before and that antibody is still high and has nothing to do with how I feel?

From what I've read online, I see the mono can go on for a long time. My symptoms are recent - mild sore throat for 3 weeks, nausea and weakness for 2 weeks, low grade fever for a week (that doesn't go down with ibuprofen or Tylenol) and ongoing nausea. From what I can tell these are typical mono symptoms, but I'm having serious anxiety that there's something else wrong with me ... any kind of feedback at this point would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    ebv, mono