HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/epstein-barr-virus-ebv/)
-   -   List your lingering EBV symptoms (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/epstein-barr-virus-ebv/988797-list-your-lingering-ebv-symptoms.html)

kalouise 09-04-2014 07:45 PM

List your lingering EBV symptoms

Hi,
I have been through hell and back this year trying to find out why I feel like death. The only test coming back positive is EBV. IgM is just over the positive side so not sure if I have it chronically or had it and am just having trouble recovering.

I am curious if any of you have had trouble kicking EBV or have a chronic or lingering virus, what are your symptoms?? Its been 7 months for me feeling ill. My symptoms are general malaise, extreme fatigue, lightheadedness, achy muscles, headaches, trouble sleeping, dizziness, chronic cough, ear fullness and pain. There is never a moment or day when I don't feel bad. Its awful. Its kind of like I drank heavily and then didn't sleep for two days. It sometimes feels like I have some terminal illness. Its frightening....mostly because its not subsiding!

Just want to know if anyone else is having trouble kicking the virus and if so what symptoms you have? Thanks!

kjm44 05-06-2016 11:54 AM

Re: List your lingering EBV symptoms

I have EBV and feel the same. Are you still around this board? I will elaborate if you are :)

cathykaplan1609 05-08-2016 11:02 PM

I had blood work done About 6 years ago with an EVB of 5. My doc told me not to worry about it But like you I have extreme fatigue and sometimes I have to lie down and sleep for at least an hour. But I still wake up tired. He now wants to treat me for my thyroid because my symptoms are getting worse. My TSA came back at 5.4. So he wants to put me on L-Thyroxine. Sometimes I can hardly function. It feels like waking up after having anesthia.

bek262 05-12-2016 06:43 PM

I would like to hear more as I too have thse symptoms and have been told it is anxiety, but I have controlled my anxiety for 20 years. Last 18 months I have felt all that you have listed, its hard to work, be a mum and enjoy it

cathykaplan1609 05-13-2016 01:55 PM

[QUOTE=bek262;5417667]I would like to hear more as I too have thse symptoms and have been told it is anxiety, but I have controlled my anxiety for 20 years. Last 18 months I have felt all that you have listed, its hard to work, be a mum and enjoy it[/QUOTE]
I think anxiety is just a scapegoat for some docs. You tell them I'm tired and they want to write you out a prescription for Zanex. However I do think my Doc may have something there about the thyroid. The symptoms seem to mirror EVB. But the numbers are tricky. You could have severe symptoms even if your numbers are just a little off. Ann the next guy could have numbers way off and not have any symptoms at all. So, you have to find a doctor who is willing to work with you.

cathykaplan1609 05-13-2016 02:05 PM

I think anxiety is just a scapegoat for some doctors. You tell them you're tired and they want to write you a prescription for Zanex. However, I think my doctor may have something with the Thyroid. The symptoms seem to mirror EVB. But the numbers are tricky. They may be just a little off and you could have major symptoms. And the next guy may have numbers way off and have no symptoms at all. You have to find a doctor thats willing to work with you.