It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

• fat loss muscle gain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-30-2015, 02:56 PM   #1
    gabwe12
    (female)

gabwe12 HB User
    fat loss muscle gain

well i'm trying to reduce my body fat a little bit but I dont really know how to do it properly, i was about like 116 lb in june and i was lifting but then I stopped and tried to lose some weight (fat) so i just started eating less, i totally cut carbs, no bread no rice no pasta no potatoes, no diaries, no fruits, only veggies, I came back to the gym in august and i have my control on 18th, i was about 107 lb, i had lost like 6lb of muscle and 4lb of fat, i got really scared about continue losing weight so these weeks i started eating more but i guess it was too much i dont know, like 3 glasses of milk a day, sweet potatoes and lentils almost everyday, i'm lifting again, 5 days a week at night so i had my post-w meals around 9pm, they have sweet p as carbs, i weight myself today and im about 110 lbs , i really can see that i have built some muscles or maybe re-built, in legs arms shoulders and abs but i also gained some fat, specially in stomach and face, i dont know my bf% right now but in my last control was like 21.8%, maybe my body got used to the low carb period or something, or maybe is also water gain, i've been trying to count my daily calories and they're not that high like to have gained fat so fast, so now i want to lose some fat but continue gaining muscle, i guess i can do it because im kind of newbie, but i dont know how to eat, i dont want to cut carbs again or sth like that, maybe carb cyling could work but i don't know, oh i'm also thinking about doing indoor cycling 3 times a week, i'm 16 female and about 5'3''

Last edited by gabwe12; 08-30-2015 at 03:05 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2015, 02:14 PM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: fat loss muscle gain

Hi,

Some food items shouldn't be cut completely, like good fats and complex carbs. It's good to keep the amounts under control but not cut completely.
    For example, it's okay to have one serving of whole grain rice with a meal or one serving of 100% whole wheat, but not both in the same meal.

A little fat with each meal could be helpful too, like a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil, a few almonds or walnuts. These items need to be carefully controlled too as they are calorie dense.

You mentioned lentils. That's a great food and one of my favorites. But you should add some variety like chick peas, red beans, garbanzo, black beans, pinto beans or black-eyed peas. And whole grain rice or whole grain pasta is good in combination with them.

So with the above items you have some complex carbs, good fat and plant proteins in limited amounts - not too much and not too little.

Then the rest can be salads or non starchy cooked vegetables and you don't have to worry so much about the calories because vegetables are low in calories.

Then you can work on building muscle. If you get hungry too soon after eating a meal, that could be a sign that you need a little more protein.

Keep a daily or weekly check on your weight, if possible. If you're gaining weight fast it's most likely fat, so you will know that you need to cut back on whatever is high calorie in your diet.

Last edited by JohnR41; 09-17-2015 at 02:24 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnR41 For This Useful Post:
    HerbalLivin (10-29-2015)
    Closed Thread