It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

• Getting Back Into Shape after eating disorder

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-23-2016, 05:54 PM   #1
    emilyst1993
    (female)

emilyst1993 HB User
    Getting Back Into Shape after eating disorder

Hello. I'm 23, 5'9" and 156 pounds.

Ive been in recovery for an eating disorder for about a year and a half now. I eat healthy and always have, but previously suffered from bulimia for 7 years. As expected once I stopped purging my body gained quite a bit of weight, going from 140 to 165 pounds. I was counselled not to actively try to lose weight or focus too heavily on my diet/exercise. I'm finally in a place where I'm good to go, I've really missed working out and am ready to get back into shape - correctly this time.

For the past 4 months I've been doing a lot of strength training, and mild/moderate cardio. I go to the gym about 4 days a week and am not keen to go any more than that as to avoid a relapse. My question is, what's the best way to go about getting the most out of those 4 days a week? I would be happy at about 150-155 pounds, but my body has no muscle right now and is pretty much all fat. How do I go about getting toned and melting fat without overdoing the cardio? Any advice would be great!

Oh, and for my diet I typically avoid carbs except quinoa and rye toast, maybe whole wheat wraps etc. Breakfast is either oatmeal or eggs, I have a smoothie every day, I don't drink milk (only almond) and have about 3 cups of coffee a day. Lunch is some form of protein and a salad or quinoa, dinner is the same. Snacks are usually hummus and veggies or fruit, very occasionally a granola bar. My vice is white wine!

Last edited by emilyst1993; 04-23-2016 at 05:55 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread