It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

• Overnight Weight Gain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-01-2016, 07:20 AM   #1
    RBLIFE
    (female)

RBLIFE HB User
    Overnight Weight Gain

Hey Guys,

Back story first, I was 42 lbs heavier about 2.5 years ago, got a trainer, started training with him and lost a whole person and in the best shape of my life at 35yrs old. I am 113 lbs, 18% body fat, etc.....I have maintained that for almost a year now. In May, I left my trainer as I got burned out and started to just train on my own.
    I took down the regimen and started swimming and just lightly training as I was also injured.
    I was able to still maintain my body fat and my weight.
    Until this past weekend, I worked out intensively for 2 days on Saturday and then yesterday. MY weight has jumped to 117lbs with 19.8% body fat!!!!!!!!!!! I started a new boxing class and finally was able to run 3 miles again yesterday without pain. So yeah, I haven't been this sore in a LONG TIME. I could understand if I had not been working out at all and had gained the weight and now it feels like I am starting over, but that's not the case, I never stopped working out.
    I've read that this could be temporary as is a few days because my muscles are so sore and swollen, I don't know what else it could be. MY diet hasn't changed a bit either.
    Any one have any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2016, 12:58 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Overnight Weight Gain

Yes, you can be sore and swollen from your muscles...but it can also be hormonal. I always gain 3 lbs before my cycle, which dissappears as the cycle begins...it can also be water weight from your cycle or from drinking excessive amounts of fluids. Did you add fluids or electrolytes to your workout?
    Give it a few days of doing exactly what you have always done and see if it doesnt dissappear....dont panic. You can lose this!

Old 09-20-2016, 10:21 AM   #3
    Jan481
    (female)

Jan481 HB User

A lot of the time this is water weight. I dont let even 10 lbs bother me anymore. You should be good in a day or two. Up your water intake.

Old 11-27-2016, 04:04 PM   #4
    AllyM07
    (female)

AllyM07 HB User

I would say don't freak out by a one day weight result, especially if things have been changing in your routine, etc. Maybe keep up your normal routine for a week and check again to see how things look!

Closed Thread