It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

• Little Sister's Calves are Bigger Than my Thighs

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-20-2017, 12:37 AM   #1
    jamesyy
    (male)

jamesyy HB User
    Little Sister's Calves are Bigger Than my Thighs

I'm a 20 year old man and recently my 11 year old sister has been showing me up in various acts of leg strength. I'll start with the title, her calves are measured at 14 inches my calves are measured at 10 inches. Her thighs are measured at 21 inches, my thighs are measured at 13.5 inches. I'm recovering from anorexia and expect weakness but not to this extent.

Another thing. I took her to the gym once, she squatted 130lbs and I couldn't squat the bar. On the leg press, I did 40kg (2 reps) and she did 160kg (3 sets of 10 reps).

I'm 6'1, 100lbs. She's 5'1, 80lbs.

The reason why I'm comparing to her is because she's bullying me a little. She wrapped her thighs around my waist and squeezed until I threw up. I have bruised ribs and she keeps doing this move on me, I just want to be comparable in leg strength because I think my upper body strength is fine.

I want to get my leg strength to her level in 2 months, is that achievable? How would I accomplish this? I'm ready to take sacrifices in achieving this goal. That includes getting my weight up.

Last edited by Administrator; 11-20-2017 at 08:01 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2017, 09:45 AM   #2
    Iceman36
    (male)

Iceman36 HB User
    Re: Little Sister's Calves are Bigger Than my Thighs

Can you quit comparing yourself to your sister? You are your own person. Viewing her as a model may be useful in that she may be able to help you achieve your own goals, but trying to be like her will set up some difficulties. The good thing is at 20 years old your recognizing you are responsible for your own health.

First you need to set a program of reasonable exercise and diet. You might put it in a pyramid form and add new goals over time. You can't rush your body: it won't let you. If you try it will rebel with a real anger. Make a daily schedule of full body exercises. Add a little to that every two weeks.

One thing that's really important is meditation. Just sitting and really relaxing everyday and visualizing what you want to look like and be like.

Old 12-09-2017, 05:50 PM   #3
    Barbaram
    (female)

Barbaram HB User
    Re: Little Sister's Calves are Bigger Than my Thighs

What your sister did to you that made you throw up is not cool. Just leave her be. You are better off on improving yourself than comparing yourself to your sister. Iceman36 is right. Stop comparing yourself to your sister and just focus on improving your PRs. I am also stronger than my brother but I always tell him that instead of trying to catch up with me, he should focus on improving all aspects of his strength. Plus, you can also try building up overall muscles than focusing on your legs. Olympic weightlifting will do the trick for sure. But recovery is also a part of the process.

Reply Reply

Tags
    anorexia, family, leg, sister, strength