It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

• Specific Exercise Needed

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-05-2018, 08:15 AM   #1
    GLSmyth
    (male)

GLSmyth HB User
    Specific Exercise Needed

I have been using the elliptical and have been getting weakness behind and above the knees. I used to get this same weakness when I was running and it forced me to stop until the weakness went away.

I am wondering if there might be an exercise that would strengthen other muscles in the area that help with the load while exercising. Perhaps there is another machine that would work better for this problem? (I want to exercise to get my heart rate up for half an hour.)

I really would like to continue working on the elliptical but if I don't do something then this will just continue to injure me until I have to stop.

Cheers -

george

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2021, 02:30 PM   #2
    Boozjee
    (female)

Boozjee HB User
    Talking Re: Specific Exercise Needed

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GLSmyth View Post
    I have been using the elliptical and have been getting weakness behind and above the knees. I used to get this same weakness when I was running and it forced me to stop until the weakness went away.

I am wondering if there might be an exercise that would strengthen other muscles in the area that help with the load while exercising. Perhaps there is another machine that would work better for this problem? (I want to exercise to get my heart rate up for half an hour.)

I really would like to continue working on the elliptical but if I don't do something then this will just continue to injure me until I have to stop.

Cheers -

george
    Focusing on only one exercise can overwork certain muscles while leaving others completely out. There are a few exercises I can think of right off the top of my head that might help you and you don't even need any equipment. There's Tabata, Yoga, and Burpees. These are all "full body" workouts that you can do simply by starting out with some beginner videos which you can find on the internet. I do P90X yoga, intermediate Tabata and just started beginner burpees. I'm a 63 y/o female by the way. These types of full body exercises will help with any other areas of weakness you may have.

Old 01-02-2021, 05:13 PM   #3
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Specific Exercise Needed

Quad exercises are good. Wall sitting and leg lifts are two such exercises

Reply Reply

« Walking help | - »