It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

Fat loss exercise plan - opinions

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2018, 01:58 AM   #1
vcb1981
(female)

vcb1981 HB User
Lightbulb Fat loss exercise plan - opinions

Hi
I wanted to get some opinions from some of you more experienced people! I go to the gym anyway but feel i need more focus and specific planning for my exercise, with the aim for weight and inch lose as well as a little bit of toning.
I am doing weight watchers in terms of food and the exercise i plan to do the below.
The 5 x weights (machines for me) i would be using work on: Abs, back, pecs, triceps and backs of arms. I try to butr 500 calories each time i go backed on the cardio machines.

day1:
10 minutes rower/2000m
weights, 25 reps on each
10 minutes cross trainer/100cals
weights 25 reps on each
15 minutes treadmill, 170cals min
weights 25 reps on each

Day 2:
20 minutes cross trainer
weights, 25 reps of each
20-30 minutes treadmill, 250-350 calories
weights, 25 reps of each

Day 3:
No gym, at least 10k steps

Day 4:
Repeat day1

Day 5, no gym, at least 10k steps

Day 6 and 7 (weekend) - gym if i can, if not aim for 15k steps each day, more if possible.

Soi what are peoples thoughts? More steps? More weights?

Thanks guys in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2018, 02:03 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Fat loss exercise plan - opinions

I think it sounds like you are being really sensible about what you are doing..but I am curious as to how you are burning 250-350 calories with 20-30 minutes on a treadmill?

I run on a treadmill every day at about 5 mph for 30 minutes..it burns about 190 calories..if I incline it to 50% it burns about 225... you must be really running fast to burn that many calories . Are you using a fitbit or a treadmill monitor to track this? Most treadmill monitors are not accurate and if you use a fitbit, attach it to your shoe for the best measurements!

Your overall plan is really sensible. Remember that you have to burn 3500 calories to lose a pound and this is in excess of what you eat...working out makes you hungry so stick with your diet plan and take that into consideration.

Congratulations! You are well on your way to a healthy lifestyle!

Old 04-09-2018, 01:14 PM   #3
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Fat loss exercise plan - opinions

In order to give an informed reply, it would help to know how long you've been practicing your regimen and what progress you've made, if any. In other words, what's your track record? Have you been steadily losing weight for a significant period of time? Have you been consistently working out at the gym for 1 year, 2 years or more? When did you start Weight Watchers?

Did Weight Watchers tell you that you would need a high level of physical activity in order to lose weight?

Last edited by JohnR41; 04-09-2018 at 01:19 PM.

Reply Reply