It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

• new to this

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-24-2018, 02:23 PM   #1
    tryingtobefit
    (female)

tryingtobefit HB User
    new to this

Current Situation: My body type is ectomorph, I think, yet I have a bit of a belly pooch and I would be considered “skinny fat.” What I am currently doing is a 16/8 Intermittent Fast daily. I am 5’6 and 128 pounds. Much of my weight falls on my stomach, glutes and thighs. (FEMALE)

Goals: I would like to look a lot more fit and lean, but I DEFINITELY do not want to bulk. I want to take away the flabby excess fat/skin and replace it with a healthy amount of muscle. I want a small waist, flat stomach with “lines”, thinner toned thighs, toned arms and toned glutes. I also generally just want feel healthier and be more active.

What should my workout routine be on a weekly basis to achieve these goals? I workout at home as I can’t afford the luxury of going to the gym everyday and I don’t have any heavy weights. I saw a few articles saying I should do HIIT training as well as resistance training and alternating. (one day resistance, one day HIIT) but I really do not know what to do. I am a total beginner at this and reading up on so much stuff is just confusing me.
    I DO NOT want to bulk as it generally does not look appealing with my physique.

Last edited by tryingtobefit; 06-24-2018 at 04:15 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2018, 04:27 PM   #2
    tinybean
    (male)

tinybean HB User
    Re: new to this

hey tryingtobefit

that's a good question and i bet a lot of other people have it too. as a fellow ectomorph (very lean) i can say in MY experience I have never bulked up much from the gym, even when counting calories and consuming a high caloric surplus for 3 months.

everyone is different, but try moderate amounts of weights and cardio without chaning the diet too much. this will keep calories and muscle mass gains down, while promoting the loss of fat and toning and development of muscles. maybe 3-4 days in the gym per week, for 60 minutes at most - try 40 minutes of weights and 20 of cardio, in that order.

good luck

Reply Reply