It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

• Renewing my commitment

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-02-2019, 01:45 PM   #1
    BradMM
    (male)

BradMM HB User
    Thumbs up Renewing my commitment

I recently passed out while waiting in line at sub shop and the employees called EMS for me. I didn't go with them but I did eventually follow up with a cardiologist. BTW, I'm 65 y/o, 6'3", 205 lbs and have been pretty actively working out for decades. The cardio had me wear an overnight monitor ... nothing odd. Nuclear stress test was normal but something unexplained after the stress part. Calcium score was a horrible 662 but the catheterization came back surprisingly good. 25% generally with extra in the LAD artery.

Anyway, it's another long story but I've taken my BP readings at home for years and have long had white coat syndrome. However, with all these tests and the fact that I'm not as invincible as I thought I was hitting home, now I can't take home BP readings without freaking out and causing anxiety which leads to high readings.

Another source I ran across said to focus on your exercise goal numbers, not you BP readings, so that's why I'm posting in this forum. I WANT TO FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE and avoid getting stressed out when I take my BP readings so I want to participate here!

Hope all are enjoying their holiday!

Brad

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2019, 01:53 PM   #2
    BradMM
    (male)

BradMM HB User
    Re: Renewing my commitment

Just to add some more about me, I retired a year ago this past Saturday, the 31st. I worked at my previous job on a university campus for 25 1/2 years and they had this great program where you got an extra 30 minutes at lunch for "wellness."

So, for all that time, I'd work out for an hour a day and eat lunch at my desk. That's why I say I have been working out for a long time. Unfortunately, over the past year, because it's not been as convenient, I've dropped to just 2 days a week until today.

Today, my wife and I started the beginning of going to our Rec Center Mon - Thurs and plan to do this every week from now on. That's my new commitment!

Reply Reply