It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

• Calories used during exercise

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-14-2020, 05:08 AM   #1
    fitness777
    (male)

fitness777 HB User
    Calories used during exercise

As a 67 year old 154lb ( 70kg ) Male
    I do an exercise program 6 days a week for a duration of around 100 minutes, ranging from aerobic to Pilates.
    During this program I usually burn between 600 to 700 calories, my total daily calorie burn is around 2500Kcal

Though not finding this difficult I would like some advise on whether or not this is too much

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to fitness777 For This Useful Post:
    BonaventuraPlus (04-30-2020)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2020, 07:36 AM   #2
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
    Re: Calories used during exercise

Congratulations on your determination and will to do significant exercise, especially at your age! Nice!

I'm 75 and do around 900 weight lifts and 750 knee bends daily along with sessions on a stationary bike and 40 minutes of power walking.

I consume around 2200 calories per day, consisting of 60% healthy fats, 20% protein and 20% low glycemic carbs.

I judge how well my metabolism and health are doing by my blood pressure and blood sugar levels. For the past eight years, day or night, my blood pressure has been averaging 118/68 and my blood sugar has been well within healthy levels.

Your body will tell you how well your balance of calories, diet and exercise are working for you. How is your blood pressure? How well do you keep your blood sugar levels? Do you feel healthy?

Regards, keep up the good work! Bob

⇒ 900 weight lifts and 750 knee bends daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Reply