It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

• bigger wrists

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-10-2004, 02:13 PM   #1
    lamal3
    (male)

lamal3 HB User
    bigger wrists

I have small wrists and I was wondering what type of exercises can make them bigger. I have small bones for a person my size.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2004, 03:27 PM   #2
    Evl316
    Senior Veteran

Evl316 HB User
    Re: bigger wrists

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lamal3
    I have small wrists and I was wondering what type of exercises can make them bigger. I have small bones for a person my size.
    Your wrists will not grow independent of other things. In other words the only way you could possibly get bigger wrists is to increase your overall body size through diet and weight training. Even then you'd be looking at hardly any gain in size. Wrist size is an indication of body type and I imagine you are an ectomorph body type, same as me. Ectomorphs should be able to take the thumb and middle fingers and wrap them around the wrist and be able to overlap them. I put on 30 pounds of meat and my thumb and middle finger still overlap but not quite as much as they once did so my wrist size only slightly increased over the span of many years. Also I do workout my forearms but that alone won't do you any good. Sorry bud, but just be the best you can be and don't worry about your wrist size, it means nothing.

Old 03-11-2004, 02:48 AM   #3
    lamal3
    (male)

lamal3 HB User

I actually can't really overlap my thumb and middle finger. It just wraps around just right. or maybe I have small hands.

Old 03-11-2004, 12:52 PM   #4
    Magpiezoe
    Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User

Hello, I know the feeling all too well. My wrists are small too, which makes it really frustrating when looking for the perfect wrist watch. (I like the Spidel stretchy ones or the buckel ones, because the latch type always come undone and I loose the watch.) It's really embarrassing to have to wear children's watches when you're 40 years old!

Old 03-11-2004, 01:12 PM   #5
    confused20
    (male)

confused20 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Magpiezoe
    Hello, I know the feeling all too well. My wrists are small too, which makes it really frustrating when looking for the perfect wrist watch. (I like the Spidel stretchy ones or the buckel ones, because the latch type always come undone and I loose the watch.) It's really embarrassing to have to wear children's watches when you're 40 years old!
    Add me to the list fellas, I also have small wrist and it is very frustrating. Especially when you try to buy watches and that kind of stuff. That is embarrassing, but even more when your girlfriend jokes and tells you that you have small wrist. That is a bad feeling. But oh well what can we do? Actually my wrist look VERY thin, yet my brother has the same size wrist as me but his look a lot bigger because he weighs about 25 pounds more than I do. So your wrist size won't change as far as the bone structure goes but if you exercise and put on some weight they will look bigger since your forearms get bigger. At least that's how it seems.

Old 03-11-2004, 03:03 PM   #6
    Endorphin Junky
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Endorphin Junky HB User

Wrist size can't be changed, apart from adding fat. On the plus side of have small wrists/joints, muscles look bigger than they actually are relative to the joint size.

Closed Thread