It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

• Elbow Bursitis/ tendinopathy keeping me from lifting weights!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-18-2004, 12:17 PM   #1
    steven2984us
    (male)

steven2984us HB User
    Elbow Bursitis/ tendinopathy keeping me from lifting weights!

Iím pretty sure I have Bursitis/ tendinopathy elbow. My guess is that I got it when I use to do a ridiculous amount of pushups. A couple of months I tried doing an excerice for my triceps with weights. Then the next day the elbow area was hurting and sensitive to my touch. I went on to rest it for about 2 months to be cautions. So now I did about 25 reps a tricep pullup( Iím not sure whatís it called but itís supposedly the one that puts the least amount of strain on your elbow and tendon). Anyway I wake up to the same pain the next morning although its less painful because I used lighter weights.
    So my question is, am I ever doing to do arm excerices? Will this bursitis/tendinopathy reoccur ever everything time I do this exercise?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2004, 01:52 PM   #2
    Naxis
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Naxis HB User
    Re: Elbow Bursitis/ tendinopathy keeping me from lifting weights!

You really ought to see a sports med doctor. Determine if there is any serious permanent damage and if there is anything you can take or use to prevent further pain or irritation. It might be as simple as taking ibuprofin to stop inflammation, but it could be serious enough to warrant a cartain amount of immobilization. But you really should be sure, either way.

Old 03-18-2004, 04:09 PM   #3
    psuguy98

psuguy98 HB User
    Re: Elbow Bursitis/ tendinopathy keeping me from lifting weights!

I also have a hell of a time with my tendons in my elbows, especially my right elbow. I broke my arm right at the joint many years ago, so that may have to do something with it.

I wear one of those tendonitis straps around my elbow on chest/shoulder/tri day. I really have to warm up or else my elbow will "lock up". I never do tricep push downs with a bar anymore, always with the rope. That has made a world of difference.

Closed Thread