It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

• Tony Littles Gazelle

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-10-2004, 09:24 PM   #1
    catrina_84

catrina_84 HB User
    Tony Littles Gazelle

I Just Purchased A Tony Little Gazelle A Couple Of Months Ago It Doesnt Seem To Be Helping But I Do Not Use It Very Often Probley 2 Days A Week 20-30 Minutes At A Time. Does Anyone Know If It Works And Please Tell Me How Often You Use It And How Long Trying To Lose 10 Pounds Very Hard For A Stay At Home Mom That Eats All The Time

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2004, 12:50 PM   #2
    Laurie2
    Inactive

Laurie2 HB User
    Re: Tony Littles Gazelle

I have seen it. Looks like it works on the same principle as a Nordic Track. The only way it will work for you is doing this more than two days a week and modify your diet. Any exercise, really, that forces your body to burn more calories as energy ( to keep your metabolism up) than taking in will do.

The gazelle is one way as a cardio. Try getting some dumbbells and do some strength lifting too for 45 minutes wtih the Gazelle for 20 minutes after. 4 sets of 10-12 reps with a minutes rest between sets will help....be sure to stretch and warmup first.

A one gallon plastic milk/water jug weighs about 8lbs full and this can be used as a start doing a number dumbbell exercises when using one or two. This is one avenue until you find some adjustable dumbbell bars and plates....more cost effective than a bunch of singles.

Most places have you start out with 5-10lb dumbbells if you never lifted before. With these, you can do bicep curls, shoulder/bench presses, dumbbell squats, bentover dumbbell (back) rows and several other exercises.

Eating 5-6 smaller meals a day and upping your protein, lowering the overly processed carbs and cutting back sugar is the way to go. The smaller meals mean your body's metabolism is kept up between meals to burn the bodyfat. Lifting with cardio means you are burning more and adding some strength/lean muscle as well as getting more defined. This also burns bodyfat.

Do not use your scales to see the results....better to use your wardrobe to see any inches lost at first.

Last edited by Laurie2; 06-11-2004 at 12:52 PM.

Old 06-11-2004, 08:09 PM   #3
    catrina_84

catrina_84 HB User

when you say 5 small meals a day does that mean a serving size or a half of a serving size<P>

baisic day
    breakfast half bowl cereal with 2% milk in it
    lunch sandwitch probley bolloni or a hot dog
    dinner 90% of the time red meat ground beef
    5 glasses of water 1 glass of oj a day

what is wrong with my diet
    i dont eat a lot sometimes at dinner i over do it probley like 2-3 servings for dinner

Old 06-12-2004, 06:00 AM   #4
    Laurie2
    Inactive

Laurie2 HB User

With 5-6 small meals, you spread your needed caloric intake over the day. Some do it by eating three regular meals with two or or three healthy snacks inbetween. This way you more apt to feel full during the three hour period without needing to overeat at dinner or later.

It looks like you are not getting enough calories with just what you listed. Try counting these and see what it comes to overall. Too low and your body's metabolism slows down into "starvation mode" to conserve fat. Overall, 1100 calories would be too low, for example.

Look at the protein gram count of each item and carbs to figure out what you are getting too. A hotdog has about 5 grams and is 150 calories. On a piece a bread, you add 4 grams of protein and, depending on what you use....14 to 20 grams of carbs at 80 to 110 calories. Then you have your condiments. A 1/2 cup of oatmeal will have about 4 grams of protein and the milk will have 8. Just tally up the calories.

There is nothing wrong with hamburger....just try to keep it lean. I use it alot myself.

Old 06-12-2004, 09:19 PM   #5
    catrina_84

catrina_84 HB User

what do you mean by keeping it lean

Old 06-13-2004, 01:52 AM   #6
    Laurie2
    Inactive

Laurie2 HB User

Just buy lower fatcontent hamburger. Or do what we do by buying lean cuts of beef and having the butcher turn it into hamburger.

Closed Thread