It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

• Anyone have more info on Pyruvate?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-06-2004, 11:46 PM   #1
    Rhadianze

Rhadianze HB User
    Question Anyone have more info on Pyruvate?

I am wondering if anyone here has taken the fitness-enhancing supplement Pyruvate and if so how was, or what has, your experience been with it?

Also, does anyone happen to know if it is safe to take if a person has hypoglycemia ? (Since it is derived from pyruvic-acid which is a key chemical in the process of metabolising glucose in your body?) I ask this specifically because I am hypoglycemic and when I have taken it in the past, I fear it has had an effect on my blood sugar levels because I feel I possibly have more hypoglycemic episodes/symptoms while using it.

PLEASE, any info, particularly on that last part, would be most helpful!!!

Last edited by Rhadianze; 08-06-2004 at 11:48 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2004, 09:58 AM   #2
    fierce_eagle
    (female)

fierce_eagle HB User
    Re: Anyone have more info on Pyruvate?

I took pyruvate right after I had my daughter about 5 years ago. Compared to many other things I had to try this one was not as harsh as the rest! Although I had used other things that worked a little better but was more harsh to the body. The reason I took it was because of a special on 20/20. They were saying how well the pill works and how many people benifit out of it. You can give it a try to see how it works. for maybe a couple of days.

As for hypoglycemia and pyruvate I really don't know much about that so I wouldn't know. -sorry.

Although even if you found someone that has done it with hypoglycemia I would recomend consulting your primary physician. -hope this help

Closed Thread