It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

• Any Skin-Weight Supplements?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-18-2004, 07:42 AM   #1
    tomor

tomor HB User
    Question Any Skin-Weight Supplements?

I have been working out in the gym to gain muscle. I'm an ectomorph (thin and weak) and have problems gaining weight.
    However, another one of my problems is that my skin is really sensative that I break out and get lots of acne from certain things I take.
    Having acne was one of the most horrible experiences that made me depressed this past few years. In recent months, after researching a lot, taking certain medications, and avoiding certain foods, I am happy to say that I have gotten my acne controlled and my face is nearly clear now. Phew. I am, however, scared about taking supplements. My trainers and friends have encouraged me to take supplements. I might need to take supplements like creatine, whey protein, amino acids, etc. I have heard that many people have broke out from these supplements.I want to gain weight, but I don't want to backtrack and destroy my face since I have struggled so much to get it this clear.

In order to gain weight, I know diet and lifting heavy are more important and that supplements are not really that necessary, but I would like to take supplements as a boost.

Is there anybody out there who has acne-prone skin that has been taking bodybuilding supplements that doesn't break out from taking them? I know everybody is different with their skin reaction, but I was just wanting to hear if anybody has encountered no problems with certain supplements. There just has to be some skin-friendly bodybuilding supplements out there.

Another problem that I have is that I am semi-lactose intolerant. I can actually eat diary, but I have to control how much I eat otherwise my stomach will end up going to hiroshima. Somehow, I feel like I am limiting my chooses by being semi lactose intolerant. I guess since that I am "semi lactose intolerant", I guess I could still be consider products that have lactose to gain weight, but I'll just end not taking it as frequently just to be safe.

For me, I have been taking EAS pure creatine. I don't like taking supplements that have "all the extra stuff" like "extra vitamins" because those extra vitamins just end up breaking me out. For me personally, I stopped taking multivitamins because they broke me out. Pure creatine has been skin-friendly to me. No breakouts or anything. I think that if I took EAS phosphagen HP, which has a lot of other ingredients besides creatine, I would breakout.

Next, I also tried taking Whey Protein and Myoplex Lite, and I end up getting little zits. After experimenting with these products, it really is indeed a factor that causes acne for me.

Any recommendations for products would be appreciated. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2004, 08:34 AM   #2
    mklyon

mklyon HB User
    Re: Any Skin-Weight Supplements?

my gastro track is proably not as bad as yours, but here is my 2 cents. I have been taking whey protein for about 2 months with no problem. I have taken it with water and with milk. You can do it with water but it does not mix as well as with milk. As to creatine...from what I have read it can be hard on the gut. I was on it for about a week when my doctor told me to stop because my naturale creatine level was high. I did not have any gut problems, but I was only on it for a short time. The only thing I noticed with creatine was having to go to the bathrooom alot (can be attributed to the increase in water I was drinking).

Closed Thread