It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

• Growth problem???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-02-2004, 07:53 PM   #1
    Kapitan05

Kapitan05 HB User
    Exclamation Growth problem???

Hello, I'm a 17 year old male, and I'm 5'4, and I'm wanting to know if there is any chance that I'll get taller, I think that I just hit a possible growth spurt of some sort, I measured myself, but I'm not to sure... my mother is 5'3, and my father is 5'9. Is there any possible chance that I may get taller or have passed up my growth spurt in the past? I used to have bad eating problems due to deep depression, I wouldn't eat, and when I did I'd throw it back up.. Could that interfere with my growth or could I just be having a late growth spurt? Any factual information would be helpful. Thanks.

Oh hehe, and anther thing I left out.. I used to have insomnia, I would only sleep for 3 or 4 hours a night, and now I get atleast 6-8 depending on the time I go to bed.

Last edited by Kapitan05; 09-02-2004 at 08:05 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2004, 05:07 AM   #2
    Jimmy King

Jimmy King HB User
    Re: Growth problem???

There's really no way of knowing if you'll have another growth spurt or not. I know I have put on a couple more inches since I was 17, but I know others that haven't grown a bit since they were about 14 or 15, so there's really no way to tell. Not eating properly for a long period in the past almost certainly hurt your growth as your body most likely didn't have the nutrients it needed to grow.

Old 09-03-2004, 06:22 PM   #3
    Spectra

Spectra HB User

Hey bud, Im 16 and I think about my height everyday wondering if im going to grow. Im 5'7 male but everyone is my family is 6 foot +. I believe my shortness has to do with my really bad eating habits and early start of some not so good habits ie. drinking. Now i'm completly free of anything that my hurt my growth. I don't even drink caffiene, at all. The way I see it is, if I stop anything that might hurt my growth ill probably grow, and if I don't, it's not like these things are good for my health anyway. Working out releases HGH, so if your going to grow, lifting/excercise is going to help you in the process.
    Oh yea, I have depression aswell. Thats another reason I stopped drinking/smoking, it really messes with anti-depressants and getting better in general. Plus working out makes me feel way better than that crap anyway. Goodluck

Old 09-03-2004, 08:04 PM   #4
    Kapitan05

Kapitan05 HB User

Hehe, yea man, thanks.. For the past 3 months I've been eating extremely well, like 2-3 plates full of food and eating it all, and having like 3-4 glasses of milk a night, and one big glass before I go to bed.. I don't drink as near as much Caffine as I used to.. I used to drink like 3 to 5 mountain dews a day because the Caffine had really hooked me lol.. I've noticed that I've grown alittle bit here in the past month, I've been asking my friends, and my mother said I was getting taller to so, thats another plus :-D. I know I unfortunately don't have control over my growth, but I figure that eating well, and sleeping well, Maybe I can pull a few inches off (5'7 or 5'8 would do me just fine:-D maybe I'll get there hehe. ).. I've been made fun of for the past 12 years because I was short, I was always the shortest and the SKINNIEST in my class.. The past few months I've put on quite a bit of weight(past year I put on atleast 35 pounds), and I know for a fact I've grown atleast a half an inch to an inch, and I'm still going.. My shortness used to bother my Ex-g/f, which is pretty stupid..but, what can ya say? (btw, I'm atleast 5'3 - 5'5 150 pounds of brawn now, I was 5'3 115 :-D)

Old 09-03-2004, 09:20 PM   #5
    tiffany714

tiffany714 HB User

well it pretty much depends on the person and genes, i knew a guy once, he was an inch shorter than you when he was a highschool senior (18 yrs old). 4 years later he was 6 feet tall. haha its crazy. everyone is differnt so it depends on who u got the genes from, and another thing, drinks w/ caffine like coffee and sodas totally effects your growth. so watch out!!

Last edited by tiffany714; 09-03-2004 at 09:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 09-05-2004, 03:29 AM   #6
    ?uestion

?uestion HB User

5'4"? I'm jealous!! I'm 21 and 5'2". Try being the size of a 12 year old.Its ok, people love having me around because no one has to look up to me. Not even children

Old 09-06-2004, 08:51 AM   #7
    gfd

gfd HB User

You might still be growing your only 17 but alot people are done growing early. You could have growth hormone injections you can have them done if your younger than 21 but they cost alot. Drink alot milk eat well dont smoke dont do drugs get alot exercise. I"m 5"10 girl some people that 5"10 say I"m 5"11 I alway's wanted to be 6 foot since I never be taller I"m fine with my height because their nothing I can do I have older brother he 5"9 he was done growing In jr. high and I was done growing in jr. high too My dad is 6 foot and half he was done growing at 13. My mom 5"5 and she done growing jr. high too My younger brother like 6 foot or 6 foot 1 he was 5"9 in 10 grade he 20 now I dont know if he still growing. You could be still growing girls can grow intill 21 and guy's 25 but alot people are done growing at early age. I"m 23 now I wish I could be a little taller I never will be The average height for a male today is 5"9 and the average height for a female is 5"4 in the united states today so I"m pretty tall for a girl No pill is going to make you taller anything to good to be truth is scam. Height you cant do anything about it I would hate if everybody was the same height life would be boring I"m glad were all difference. 48 percent people are not happy with their height they eighter want to be shorter or taller. Would you rather be 7 foot tall or short my brother go to church with NBA basketball player he 7 foot tall he huge and his brother shorter than 6 foot. Really tall people scared me because most people are not really tall like that. No pill will make you taller If pill could make you taller it would be sold in stores not just the internet it would be all over the news. I have book and it's says that stretching can increase your height it's health book stetching only make you half inch or inch taller I doubt it would make you any taller or stretching may not make you taller.

Closed Thread